Hi, today I am 26, I don’t feel 26. I usually find myself reflecting on my birthdays about where I am and where I think I should be…and I am nowhere near where I thought I’d be at this point in my life. You know, career, marriage, house, and a baby. That was all supposed to happen by now….I think. There was no specific plan, I think I just thought I’d be further along. Is that common? Anyone else?
Well regardless, I am in Brazil with my wonderful husband and living with my gracious in laws. Life has definitely NOT turned out how I planned, but I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had and I am having.
Not only am I 26, but I have also lived in Brazil now for 8 months. 8 months! I can’t believe I have been here that long! So I want to give you 13 things I love about my life right now and 13 things I want to accomplish before I am 27!
1. My husband is my best friend, my rock, and everything I always wanted him to be (except the pooper scooper…but that’s an argument for a different day)
2. That no matter where I am, the church is the same! That I have a calling and the members care about us.
3. That I have gotten to know Sidnei’s family so well. And I now understand my husband a 1000 times better.
4. I am finally understanding the majority of what people say. And for the most part I can speak back.
5. I have lost weight without effort! WOO HOO! LOL Seriously my diet is MUCH healthier now and that is always positive. (The down side is not having clothes to wear)
6. I wear flip flops EVERY SINGLE DAY. And I love it. I only wear close toed shoes when I run or walk. Which isn’t very often.
7. I have a much greater appreciation for my family, my friends, and my country. So much so that you wouldn’t believe.
8. 13 things is wayyyyyy too many. Though there are many more things I love about my life…like Lime ice cream…Im going to skip to goals.
Things to do before I am 27:
1. Decorate our first house! I am VERY excited about this!
2. Travel a little. The first place I want to go is the beach. Next Our Preto. My dream is Buenos Aires.
3. Be able to read and write in Portuguese
4. Learn to put together meals and cook all on my own.
5. Travel to meet good friends who have been a great source of support.
6. Start doing some sort of exercise and stick to it. I think I’m going to start running in the mornings when Sidnei gets up for work…it seems to be relatively cool then.
7. Find a job.
8. Find a hobby. I can’t think of any hobbies I’ve ever had, unless you count reading. But I need to do something a little more productive.
9. Be a better wife and stop beating dead horses. Once I start I just can’t seem to stop myself!
10. Splurge on something that I want..something for me. I haven’t decided what that is yet.
11. And the goals have to stop now too…..just too many!
Happy Birthday to me! Parabens! Feliz Aniversario!
We are celebrating with family today. I had someone make a cake, my SIL ordered salgados, lots of sodas, and I’m going to wear the new shirt I bought myself! Pictures to follow!