Thursday, January 7, 2010

Clean Up

I just wanted to do a little clean up while I have nothing better to do I'm thinking about...



  • Sidnei and I had a really nice Christmas together. We woke up, exchanged stockings and just got to spend some quality time together. Something we haven't had much of since he's been working constantly! I baked a breakfast casserole all the stars and heavens aligned and everyone enjoyed it!



    • New Year's Eve was fun! Sidnei's family came in completely unexpected from out of town, so we had a big churrasco. (Of course, it didnt' start until almost 11 PM. Now Sidnei knows not to make me wait so long to eat. I am quite grouchy when I got almost 12 hours without eating.) I sucessfully put myself in a red meat coma and promptly fell asleep just short of 3 AM. Everyone else made it until 430-5. Including my neighbors, the loudest of them all. Gracie survived all the fireworks..but just barely. I think we need to get her some medication...



    • I did not make any resolutions. I just want this year to be happy. Full of happiness. That will take a little work on my part as I have been quite the complainer as of late. I'm working on it. But 2008-2009, we very much down with a little up. We need a year of up, I'm betting that this year is it!



    • I got my hair cut. I showed the lady the picture. She did the exactly what I DIDN'T want. So that was fun. Basically I have a short bob now. I was NOT happy. On the upside I won't need to look for another crappy hair dresser for quite some time. In fact, I think I'll just wait it out until August when I'm planning to go home. That should give my locks some time to recover. There will be a picture one day. But probably with straight hair, because when my hair is straight it looks a little better...despite that it's not exactly even. When its curly, I look like a 10 year old girl. And every Brazilian within a 50 mile radius will tell me so.



    • Tomorrow I am leaving for Belo Horizonte. With my MIL. By myself. Until Tuesday. I'm only slightly worried. And I am leaving Sidnei for the first time since I have arrived here, which I know doesn't sound like a big deal to most people. However after spending a year apart, it's causing me some slight anxiety. I just hope I have a good time. On the upside, I get to meet Corinne!! Hooray for a friend!

  • 14 comments:

    Ballerina Girl said...

    have fun and relax on your trip...
    I bet your hair looks great! It can always grow back, that's what I think!

    BG

    Mrs. Carioca said...

    have a great time on your trip!

    Lisa said...

    Glad ya'll had a good holiday together.
    Fortunately hair does grow back! I hate it when you show them what you want and they give you something totally different. Dang hairdressers.
    Have a great time on your trip; you will be fine.

    Lisa Q

    Unknown said...

    Oh Sweetie... I remember the days of being a Newly Wed in a Foreign country SOOOO well...

    I am always here if you need a chat. It does get better... promise!

    Unknown said...

    Steph I am so sorry to hear about your hair. What a dumb stinkin lady! You are so cute that I know you look great anyway. I bet it is very cute, straight especially, like you said.

    I would be nervous to go with my mom-in-law alone too and we are pretty close. I bet you will have fun though! LOVES!

    Vanessa Rogers said...

    I get not wanting to be separated from your hubby. I am sure it will be fine though. Have fun, or try to at least :)

    Nani said...

    Yay!!! You are going to meet Corinne! You are so gonna love her. And if you get to meet her little son, give him a hug for me. I met them in Tucson when they were visiting family. She is really nice! Tell Her Elaine from Tucson said Hi!

    Have fun!

    Jim said...

    When my friend from the USA came to visit a few months back she was eager to have her hair modestly straightened. She has never found a salon in Sacramento, CA that understood her tightly curled hair. She was sure a Brazilian salon would have plenty of experience with such hair.

    Long story short - even after a lengthy discussion of what she wanted - in Portuguese - she got exactly what she was afraid of! LOL! Flat, flat, flat - STRAIGHT hair. No bit of wave or curl.

    I thought she still looked cute - but she had to laugh and wait for it to bounce back.

    Enjoy your trip and bonding further with your MIL.

    Fabiola said...

    I hope you can enjoy your time in BH.
    As for the hair, I think like BG, it ALWAYS grown back ; )

    Fabiola

    PS: I am still here at the hospital with little changes on my situation.

    Anonymous said...

    Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    mrsmouthy said...

    Have a fabulous trip. I'm glad Christmas was fun despite all the drama leading up to it! Nothing beats a breakfast casserole. :)

    Anonymous said...

    [url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://vioperdosas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
    [b]acdsee 3 serial, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]university student software discount[/url]
    [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]software product prices[/url] cheap microsoft office pro i want to buy software
    autodesk autocad [url=http://sapresodas.net/]winrar software downloads[/url] to sell used software
    [url=http://sapresodas.net/]cheapest software for[/url] i buy macromedia
    [url=http://sapresodas.net/]oem software sales ltd[/url] yahoo booting adobe photoshop cs3
    free adobe photo shop software [url=http://sapresodas.net/]adobe photoshop cs4 mac serial numbers[/url][/b]

    ko said...

    Have a good trip!!!!! yeah...Sergio tells me Brazilians are REALLY HONEST!! :) Sorry about the hair!!!! Hope everything gets better soon!

    Rachel Cotterill said...

    Sounds like a busy period! Shame about the haircut :(