Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happiness

Truth be told I was in love with that boy the moment he pulled me off the couch randomly one night and danced with me to "Long Trip Alone" by Diereks Bentley. While we were dating we had so much fun! I loved to be with Mr. S and spent every minute possible with him. Don't get me wrong, there were hard moments too. Mr. S had a lot of English to learn, and some days when things got miscommunicated, it was hard. But when you have to learn to communicate, when you have to put a lot of effort in it, you learn so much about each other! And a lot about patience.

We had a lot of big things happen to us in a few short months. Mr. S finally got his teeth implants, Mr. S moved to a new apartment, My Mom got married, Mr. S opened his own installation company, we traveled, we planned the future, named future babies and fell more and more in love.

Mr. S asked me to marry him on September 14th, 2007, seven months after our "official" first date. I spent the next six months running around, planning, and loving every minute of it.
Mr. & Mrs. S
March 8, 2008
We had the most amazing wedding. It was perfect like a story book. I can not help it, I have to put up pictures so you can all see more than I've already put up (click to see the big version). I love my pictures and I love to share.

The Tables


The Cake


The Kiss


The Wedding Party


The First Dance (to "Long Trip Alone"--we had no clue...)



Cutting the Cake


Friends...


The Rings


The Send off!


I have never felt more sure of anything in my life. Mr. S showed me happiness, love, and a glimpse of what the future held for us. He is my whole life, my entire world is all wrapped up in him. The day we got married was best day of my life thus far. It was a story book wedding. We didn't have any problems, our friends and loved ones surrounded us, and we celebreated the beginning of a beautiful life.


**Tomorrow will the the last part to my saga, thanks for staying with me!**

15 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

What a beautiful romantic story. And what a gorgeous wedding. You guys make a very handsome couple!!!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I just love an awesome wedding story! Everything is simply PERFECT!! The photos are amazing!

~melody~

Kori said...

Oh it's wonderful. The pictures are lovely. You are gorgeous and that is some kind of a handsome fella you got there.

Can't wait for the rest.

Ronnica said...

Beautiful wedding! I look forward to hearing about the next segment of your story.

Polyana said...

thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

and it looks like you've found yourself one great mineirinhooo (we're good people like that, i know, hehe)

i know things may seem tough now, and i know they will be tougher for you here than they were for me - but you'll see that there is a way to be happy far from your family and friends. seems like you have a wonderful love story with sidnei and that he'll support you emotionally, physically, spiritually, and who knows maybe even financially? hehe.

things in brazil don't come as easily as in the states, but that's one thing that makes it all the better because you learn to appreciate the little things.

and if you DO end up settling in minas... beware of the extreme hospitality, unbelievable food, and depending on where you are... scorchingly hot weather...

let me know if i can be of help with ANYTHING!

happy reading and planning :-)

beijooss.

Wep said...

SO CUTE :)

Laura Marchant said...

What a beautiful wedding!

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Beautiful wedding. Stunning pictures. Great love story!

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks perfect!! I love your dress and the cake and the tables. Just gorgeous!! Congratulations and I wish you MANY years as a happy couple!

Britt said...

Gorgeous wedding! I love that you shared pictures .. off to read the rest...

Unknown said...

oh wow... what a beautiful day - you were just GLOWING!

Betty said...

You were a very beautiful bride! Awesome pictures!

Beth said...

So very beautiful! All of it! All of you! Your love! Your story! You need to write a book.

2012 Events said...

I started dating my husband on New Years 2000 and by May 3,2000 we were married. You have a wonderful love story. Congrats on your marriage!

Shay said...

are the pictures still available to see? I only see the red x's. I would love to see them. :)