Friday, October 3, 2008

Grumpy Boss

So, as you all know on wednesday night I could not sleep. I slept for maybe 3 hours. Why is this you might ask? Who knows? Maybe because I ate ice cream at 9? Maybe because I was overtired for lots of nights with not enough sleep? Because I am worried about work (have I mentioned before that being the boss is not fun?) Maybe because my husband is far away and depressed, with little I can do about it. Anyway regardless of the problem. It was one. Sleepless Wednesday Night = Grumpy Boss Thursday. Oops.

To defend myself I walk in the door, say Good Morning and go off to my office. Then I am bomborded by one particular employee. "Hey, are you okay?" Yep, I'm good. "Oh, okay." I continue to clean my office, organize and get ready for the day. Ten minutes later, said employee comes into my office and sits down. "Hey, you doin' alright? It wouldn't be me if I wasn't worried." YES, I am fine, thank you. I am just tired. I then proceed to leave, go to a customers home to measure. I, then come back. Employee #2, "You okay today? Yes, I am fine. I am just VERY tired. Okay then, just checking." Employee #1, then comes out of the warehouse. Follows me to my office. "I just want you to know that when you need to drop the other shoe, I will be here." I am annoyed at this point, because for heaven sake's I am JUST TIRED. So I say, I dont drop shoes. I'm just tired, I promise.

Now, just so you all know, I was never rude. I just wasn't smiling or being chipper. I was just blah. So for heaven sakes, cant a girl have a bad day without being asked every twenety minutes if I am okay? I just need some SPACE. But after about midday, I am feeling a little better. Like I have a little bit more life in me. I am at my desk. I hear the front door open. I get up to go see who it is. And then I see a lady, who is not a customer. And she is carrying these:


Now, I feel like poo. But do I have to be chipper all the time? It was nice to send flowers, but I feel bad as to why they were sent. Geez. Next time I just take a stupid tylenol pm. But...they flowers are cute huh?

4 comments:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Awwww....that is sweet. I know what you mean though. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope things get sorted out soon. How crazy. I can't even imagine.

You asked about the "I belong" button...it's on www.leelouheaders.blogspot.com. She has some other neat buttons too. Let me know if you can't find it.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Miss Lisa said...

How sweet is that?! You are loved :)

This is my first time and I wanted to say I am so sorry for the crap you are going through with getting your husband home where he belongs. That's just crazy!

Kori said...

Flowers are very cute. And I can totally relate to this. Seems like when I go to work everybody expects me to be chipper and happy. I try alot. But then if I'm not they all want to be up in my business.

So yeah I say take the Tylenol PM and avoid all and any drama and bombarding of questions.

Also wanted to thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm sorry I haven't commented back much. I'm gonna add you to my roll. Hope that's ok.

Unknown said...

Your employees must love you, of course, who wouldn't!! How sweet of them!