Sunday, October 12, 2008

A little of this, a little of that..

I just finished watching a movie...

And I think I should probably just stick to mainstream media. Something I can predict and understand. The movie had a good storyline, but it liked to fast forward to the future, so you needed to guess at what happened. I don't like to not know the facts, for things to be blurry. How can I fully enjoy a movie without the details?? The man went from signing a multimillion dollar deal for an international soccer superstar, to cooking in his brothers restaurant without so much as a hint. What the heck?? That is all I can think the entire movie. What is going on, what the heck happened? It's hard to pay attention when I am trying to put all the pieces together! Don't get me wrong, I like mysteries and I like to try and put those pieces together, but when I think I am sitting down to mindless romantic movie and I have indie film "off beat" I am not so happy. Plus, I am one of those that likes for things to end "correctly" which really means however I think it needs to end. And generally I am a happy ending person. No happy ending? No happy viewer.

Today we were supposed to have a big remnant sale at work. I was really excited because the last one we did went really well and drove in a lot of new business. So, of course, this morning it was raining. I was disappointed. 3 people came in today. We made $40. Ha. But on the upside, we worked in the warehouse and began to organize it. Since I got into the cleaning mode, I came home and did my room too. My gosh, how I collect so much crap and so much PAPER. Holy crap. I had an entire trash bag filled with paper, old mail, and magazines.

I got all my purses out from all the different places I stick them in. Ladies, I have a problem. I filled an entire L.L. Bean XL duffel bag FULL of purses. That was after I had pulled the ones out to take to Good Will. I am ashamed. I wanted to get rid of more, but I couldn't. I love them. And the even worse thing is I want save them for my bonus mom's yard sale, sell them, and buy as many as possible another one with the money I make.

And are you all that Christmas is on it's way? That's right I said it: Christmas. I went into Costco and it's like winter wonderland with all the Christmas decorations in there. All I have to say is I really hope that Mr. S is home by then. And I am really sad that I am still living with my parents (I am grateful for all they have done for me, they've been great) but I got all these really great decorations last year on sale after the Christmas season. And now they are in my storage center. Ah, well, there's always next year right?

Last, but not least. We have started a family plan. We are getting up at 5:30 A.M. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to run, lift, and try our darnedest to shed some pounds. No junk, no sugar-unless it's natural, like fruit, and smaller portions. Since Mr. S has been gone, I have put on 10 pounds. My Little Debbie muffin top has gone to a Costco muffin top. And it isn't pretty. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so sorry that the two of you are separated. I just read that on your header and it made me so sad.

I am hoping that he comes back to you very very very soon!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh... I just found your blog...thanks for popping by mine. '
You poor dear. I need to go read the rest of the story & then ask questions... like WHY are they not letting him return to the US... I was always afraid something like that would happen with Bjørn--- but we were married for almost 3 years before he immigrated...
Sending prayers your way...keep the faith! Hugs

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Ohhh you got me with the muffin top! I only like muffin tops that come out of the oven! ;-) I just got back from a Girls Weekend and gained weight. I know I did, but I REFUSE to step on the scale until the end of this week. lol

Thanks for coming by on Friday when I was featured on SITS! I'm having a blast visiting everyone who stopped in! LOVE your blog!

~melody~

Tiffany said...

Girl. I so hear you about the purses! I love them.

Thank you for your support on my blog, after reading some of yours, I am now here to support you.

Can't believe what your family is going through!

Laural Out Loud said...

I'm a purse lover, too. And shoes. It's a sickness, lol. It's a good thing our budget just won't allow for any more, or every nook and cranny would be overflowing!