Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First things first

I have been away for a while. More on that later.

First, I wanted to touch on the flood disaster. How horrific. I have been catching up and looking online at the stories and the photos. I am just overwhelmed. Please send prayers, good thoughts, whatever it is that you do, to these people, their families, and the over 100 people that are still missing.

If you are abroad and are wondering what you can do to help, there are two places (that I am aware of) that accept donations online. The first is CARE International and the second is Red Cross International .

If you are here in Brazil please visit Rio Gringa as she has posted different ways to help as well as organizations to donate (and she is also where I got my international donate links as well).

If you have been living under a rock (as I have) you can also go to another post from Rio Gringa that shows videos of the disaster.

I count my blessings today for my safety, for living in an area that doesn't normally see disasters of this magnitude. (knocking on wood over here) My prayers go out to those who are missing, to those that are suffering, and that they may see the sun they so desperately need.

2 comments:

Laural Out Loud said...

We were sick to our stomachs when we started hearing about what happened, and we've been keeping up on all the latest developments. You have such a big heart.

chelsea said...

Nice writing skill! I enjoy reading.


SQL Server 2008 | Seattle Homes