Sunday, March 28, 2010

My New Ride

 

Saturday was a great day for Sidnei and I. We started off the day by going to Centro to measure a job for Sidnei and then we just goofed off together running errands.

Somehow we ended up in the bike shop…and then we each ended up with a bike. I felt like a little kid, but I was so excited. So here is my Caloi Ventura Aro 26, silver and lilac. Complete with bell. And her basket on the front. A must.

bike

Somehow my husband ended up with this speed bike. Why, I have NO idea. He just liked it. Never mind the cost factor. I made him promise me he’d use it. However, I have a feeling it will end up like my Dad’s very expensive bike. Hanging out in the garage, dry rotting, with NO ONE allowed to use it. When asked about it, swears it gets used, and it’s HIS! So we’ll see.

sid bike 

I’m just glad he has a bike again. He complained ALL THE TIME about the one I left in Myrtle Beach that I had bought him. Guess how many times that one got used? Other than the night I gave it to him? Try once.

I figure it’s a great way for us to spend time together and save a little gas too! Plus when I want to run out quickly (like to grab something from the store, the bakery, or maybe a video) it will be SO MUCH faster than walking. They haven’t been delivered yet, but I’m sure there will be more pictures when they do get here!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Ooohhh fun! I bet you'll get a lot of use out of it! =) Enjoy your new toy!

Fabiola said...

WOW!!!I love bikes.... I sold mine before I moved from Bahia to São Paulo. I want to buy another one ; )

Ballerina Girl said...

lookin' good...
love the basket!

BG

markuza said...

You didn't get those at the Extra did you? ;-) I've had my eye on that same bike that Sidnei got. Problem is, there's two problems. First, I'd probably end up like your dad and never ride the thing, and second, I'm too scared of the traffic to ride a bike on the street here in Salvador- I'd have to lug it in my car to some bike path somewhere, which diminishes the probability that it will get used.

Lisa said...

Very cool! Have fun and make hubby get out there and ride!!

Lisa Q

Anonymous said...

Happy riding to both of you--I hope! When I first met Kevin he lived exactly 1/2 block from the office he worked at and he RODE HIS CAR TO WORK every day. When he lost a bet with me I made him ride his awesome bike (that who knows why/how he had) to work for a week. The following week he gave the bike away.