Monday, October 10, 2011

Hobby Lobby

155156158160

My first attempt at my new hobby! I really love bracelets. Especially big chunky ones that call attention. So of course, I love the first one. I made that one for me, but in a different color…to go with a shirt I bought! Anyway moving on, this all originally started because it was Amelia’s birthday! And while shopping for a present, I found a bracelet for her I loved! It just screamed her name! And then I turned over the price tag and did an inside head scream (those people were crazy y’all).  So I decided I’d make her one myself. You know, since I’ve never actually done that before.

(Also Amelia and people that know Amelia might be wondering why I thought a bracelet screamed her name since she doesn’t really do much jewelry, especially not with big FAT rhinestones in them. I’m not really sure either. But I decided to do one more toned down, just for her. Case in point bracelet #2. And just in case that really is just a terrible plan, I am also planning on taking her to lunch)

Anyway I thought they turned out well. And people have had really positive reactions to them. I have more coming. I also want to try and make necklaces too. But I need to take my time and decide what I want to do and what I want to buy. This is an expensive hobby. Anyway, people here tend to wear lots of things like this, so I hope it goes over well. If you love it, tell me. If you don’t, well…take Thumper’s advice.

10 comments:

Meredith said...

They're beautiful! I'd wear one. (I also like chunky bracelets).

Just Jaime said...

BEAUTIFUL! Way prettier than anything I've made!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those look awesome!

Betty W said...

I love them and have pinned you! :)

rach said...

wow steph! they are super cute! you have always been good with fixing and repairing jewlery! That first bracelet is totally your style but man I love that second one! totally cute! make me one!!

Fabiola said...

I LOVE the 3rd and 4th. It is so my style! If you lived in São Paulo you could go to 25 de Marco and buy all the supplies. I will look for some online store for you!!! And it won't be so expensive!

Lisa said...

I love, love, love chunky bracelets! These are gorgeous girl!

It is fun to have a hobby.

Lisa Q

Unknown said...

Wow how cool. You did a great job. I want to start making my own also. You've inspired me.

Vanessa Rogers said...

very clever of you. I like them.

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic!!!