Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No Ordinary Day

163

Today is Sidnei’s birthday!! I won’t reveal how old he is…he’s s3nsitiv3 about his age….but of course I would be too if I had a smoking hot young wife!

I kid, I kid!

Anyway, I haven’t talked much about Sidnei lately. So here is what is going on with him these days…

When we moved here, Sidnei opened his own construction company. Things went really great and he stayed extremely busy. We hit a dry spot last November and although things picked back up, we didn’t like the way that dry spot felt. So Sidnei started looking for something with a little more security. And he found something SO MUCH better than we expected. He is a supervisor in an engineering company. That means, he is no longer doing the heavy work, he just watches other people do it. (Which is great because I was really worried about his back!) He works 7-5, M-F. He has off on all the holidays. (Well he would, except he’s been working them to receive overtime…as well as Saturdays..let’s just say I haven’t seen much of him) Anyway, but enough with all the specifics. The important thing is he is really liking his job (thankfully because it was kind of a hard transition for him…he wasn’t accustomed to not doing the work…) He has also really excelled. All of his supervisors are impressed and Sidnei is proud of himself which I love to see!

So now onto the birthday mush  mush.

I feel incredibly lucky. Sidnei is an extraordinary person. He is honest to a fault. (No really, if you don’t want the absolute truth, don’t ask) He loves and protects fiercely. He is funny and full of zingers. He is really handy. (Today he changed the showerhead…we have GREAT pressure now, I was so happy) He is extremely detailed (he watches over my jewelry making and fixes the flaws..seriously). Basically the man is good at whatever he does.

The truth is I could list a million different things that are great about him. But it all boils down to the fact, that I am so glad I get to celebrate him today. His life and the difference he’s made in mine. Happy Birthday to the man who forever changed the meaning of October 5th. I love you more than I know how to say!

016

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww....such a sweet post! I love your spelling of 'sensitive'!!!

Polyana said...

aaahh, que lindos!! :-)
parabéns sidnei!

Lin said...

Aw, super sweet post! I'm so glad things are going well for you guys.

Happy birthday Sidnei!

Beautifully Simple said...

happy birthday sidnei!

Born Again Brazilian said...

Parabéns!!

Nani said...

Parabéns pro Sidnei! For his birthday and for his accomplishments!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sidnei! :D

Meredith said...

Sooo sweet. Happy Birthday (and congrats) to your husband!

Vanessa Rogers said...

thats so sweet! Happy birthday to him!

Lisa said...

Thank God for sweet husbands!

October 4th we celebrated 25 years together!!

Lisa Q