Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lazy Sundays


I love Sundays!! Our church building in Conway is being renovated, so we are sharing the building with the Myrtle Beach ward, which means we go from 1-4 pm. I love that because I can sleep in and be lazy before I go! And since most mornings I am up very early to travel an hour to work, I love this part!! And truthfully even when I went to church from 10-1, I was lazy when I got back too..Mr. S and I used to eat dinner with my family, then curl up on my couch to watch a movie and sleep..I really miss those sundays....anyway..on to my great laziness..I got to finish the book I have been reading! And it is a great book! I recommend it to anyone! It's called The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society. It is a historical fiction book. It is about the one of the Channel Islands that were occupied during World War II. The book is written in the forms of letters back and forth between different characters and their survival of the Nazi Occupation! I think it was genious! I really enjoyed it and even laughed out loud a couple of times and cried during others! I love books like that! Anyway, it was really, really good, so anyone that wants to read it, I dont mind sending it to you after my sister reads it! (And she reads really, really fast, so she'll be done with it in a day). Anyone interested in doing book swap?? Let me know!! Next up: The Duchess. My sister and I fell in love with Phillipa Gregory books: The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance, so we are hoping The Duchess will be a good one too, even though it's a different author, same time line. Did I mention I really like to read? It is one of those things that helps me to escape. I fell in love in second grade when I read Black Beauty. Then on to Nancy Drew, Babysitters Club, and Fear Street. Now I love just all different kinds, I love the Harry Potter Series, I thought the Twilight Series was pretty good and I like Julie Garwood (romance) though I have no idea why, I LOVE Nicholas Sparks...my sister says the books make her gag, but I love a good romance. I am so excited to see the movie Nights in Rodanthe(althought I am going to need to find someone to go with)! I also like Iris Johansen (murder mystery with a romance twist), Patricia Cornwell, and a few others scattered here and there! Anyone have any author recomendations, let me know!!

No comments: