Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bittersweet 2008

I feel like such a loser. Even though I know I shouldn't. Even though I knew what I was doing and I wanted to do it, I still feel like a loser.

New Year's Eve--Nothing. Not a thing. Not even good TV. I just laid around. Didn't watch the ball drop. I went to bed like it was a normal evening. And this morning I dislike myself for it. Ugh.

New Year's Eve used to be one of those holidays I waited for with much anticipation. I had so much fun with my girlfriends from high school! We always went to pier one, picked out cute glasses that matched to use for the night, we went to the fabric store, bought awesome fabric to make a top so that we were all different, but similar. We had SO much fun. I wish I had pictures of that in this computer so I could show you. We always stole the show, had fun parties.

Let's have a recap of the last few years shall we? December 31, 2005--Christmas Eve party at an old friend from high school with just about EVERYONE I had gone to school with (I had a small high school of about 4-500 people, my graduating class was 75). The last thing I remember was someone driving us home (who had not been drinking) and I was snorting laughing as we said quotes from the movie Elf. To this day he and I leave messages for eachother like "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese." Funny to you? No. Funny to me? YES!

December 31, 2006-- Moved back home from Utah to start work at Dad's company. Came home, fever of 103, sick with strep...sick sick sick. I don't remember much. Except being cold....no hot...no cold...ahhhh!

December 31, 2007--curled up on the couch with my honey. Asleep. Happy? YES! Boring YES YES!

December 31, 2008-- In my room, in front of the TV, computer on. Boring? YES YES YES!

So here is my New Year's Resolution--

December 31, 2009-- Gorgeous dress, painful heels, dinner at the Melting Pot (or wherever), and dancing! Dancing ALL NIGHT LONG with good friends. And at the stroke of Midnight, The Kiss!

Or I'd settle for throwing a party too. I don't drink anymore and some might be bored by that, but we have a good time and I think it'd be a good time nonetheless! Are ya in??

I know that 2009 will be our year. 2008 has been bittersweet for us. Mr. S and I often talk about how we are happy, even through all that we are going through. That is an important thing. I married the love of my life in March, and that means that 2008 will always be one of the BEST years of my life. I know that what we are going through now is such a small moment in time and we will look back and be grateful for all we have gone through together.

I don't know yet what 2009 will bring us, or where I will be this time next year in 2010. The only thing I do know, is that no matter what I WILL be with Mr. S, and the thing I am most sure of is that we will be HAPPY.

So here is to 2009! May we be blessed, may we be happy, may we be loved, and may we post to tell the world about it!

Happy New Year my friends!!

14 comments:

Beth said...

Amen, my sister! I did the same thing. last night. It's okay! I am so in for something grand in 2009! Call me with the deets! MUAHAHA.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I barely know you, yet, I *heart* you so!!

xoxo

Unknown said...

I love the fact that your optimistic despice your bittersweet 2008! Do not feel bad for not celebrating NYE like you wanted...we all have them where we do no anticipate as much as we hoped.

I hope you have a blessed 2009! x.

Paula said...

Happy New Year and I will be praying this is the year that Mr. S comes home

angi_b72 said...

I did the same thing...in fact I wole my daughter up at 1145 to watch the ball drop, we made a couple of phone calls, my other daughter who was babysitting called me and then I went back to playing Canasta on Pogo until about 130am, then went to bed. But as I was playing cards it dawned on me....that I was doing the same thing at the same time last year...same card game even!! Here is to 2009....it has GOT to be better!!

onlymehere said...

I went to be at 9:00 last night. I was too beat from all the hard work of the day to stay up! I love your plans for 2009 and I'll pray for a good year for us all so you can do this!!

Anonymous said...

dont worry, all the cool kids went to bed waayyy before midnight. :) love you!

Sue Wilkey said...

You poor thing- I'm so sorry for what you guys are going through- hang in there!

Also: "I'm just a cotton-headed Ninnymuggins"

"This is the North Pole"
"No it isn't"
"Yes it is"
"No it isn't"

"Smiling is my favorite"

"You sit on a throne of lies."

Michele said...

Oh hun...I did the same thing last night...asleep at like 10:00 and slept right through midnight! I would love to go to a party..dressed all up pretty! If you have one next year, I'll be there for sure!!!

Hugz,
Michele

Queenie Jeannie said...

I know it will be hun! Lots of hugs and love to you!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Here's to 2009!

And, I totally fell asleep on the couch at about 9!!!

AndreaLeigh said...

I had a horrible NYE. The husband and I weren't speaking, and didn't speak on new year's day. We've ironed things out know, but it was a rough few days.

We totally should have gotten together and cried over Grey's or some other sappy show.

Unknown said...

Sorry your New years was lame... no fun being without the one you love... here is to getting him home this year! Good luck chic... we are all praying for you!

Shannon said...

I'm with you on the 2009 NYE plans...this year sucked!

Vanessa Rogers said...

Yes 2009 will be wonderful wont it! If only because we deserve it after 2008!