Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Must Have

I don't know if any of you like The Fray. I think their music is amazing. The summer of 2006 I must have listened to their album a thousand different times. I got to see them in concert for my birthday in 2007 in Utah and my love continues to blossom! Their new album is amazing. So if you have iTunes, go and get it. Or whatever venue you use for music. It's really that good.

Here is the video of my favorite song live. It explains why he wrote it. Is he serious? I don't know. It's cute none the less. And I love it!

Happiness
Happiness was just outside my window
I thought it’d crash blowing eighty miles an hour
But happiness is a little more like knocking
On your door, you just let it in

Happiness feels a lot like sorrow
Let it be, you can't make it come or go
But you are gone, not for good but for now
And gone for now feels a lot like gone for good

Happiness is a firecracker sitting on my headboard
Happiness was never mine to hold
Careful child, light the fuse and get away
Cause happiness throws a shower of sparks

Happiness damn near destroys you
Breaks your faith to pieces on the floor
So you tell yourself that’s enough for now
But happiness has a violent roar

Happiness it's like the old man told me
Look for it and you'll never find it all
But let it go, live your life and leave it
Then one day you'll wake up and she'll be home

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just my computer but I couldn't get any volume on the video. Even tried turning up the video volume and computer volume and still nothing. But I read the lyrics and they sounds true to your life.

Tara Bennett said...

I LOVE the Fray. In fact, when I first saw that your post was about them, I was going to tell you to listen to their new song Happiness, then I scrolled down, and voila - there it was! We are so in sync!

AndreaLeigh said...

I love The Fray! Is this on their new album? I have the first one and I could listen to it on repeat all day. "Look After You" is one of my favorites.

Ballerina Girl said...

couldn't really be true could it?
good song!
BG

April said...

OH....I love the Fray! Hope you have gotten your package from me!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I HEART the Fray, too!