Monday, March 30, 2009

24 Hours

In 24 hours a lot can change.


Do you sense the complaints coming?


24 hours ago I was eating a GREAT Sunday dinner with my family.


24 hours ago we took a GREAT walk in GORGEOUS weather.


24 hours I didn't have a care in the world!


Ok so obviously that is NOT true. But nonetheless,


24 hours ago my big toe was still in tact.


24 hours later, it is not.





So here is the story, it's a good one.

Last night about 9 PM I noticed a little swelling and redness around the nail bed. It was quite painful, but it was not like a normal ingrown toe nail. Usually it hurts near the top. So I consulted my family and no one could figure it out. It was decided I would soak it with epsom salt. So I did and then I went to bed.

Fast forward to 2 AM. I wake up in SEARING pain. It was throbbing!!!!! So I again soaked it in epsom salt, took some tylonel, and continued to be in pain until 5 AM when I fell back into a pain induced slumber.

So this morning I made an appointment with the podiatrist.

I went in and he took off part of the nail bed.

And it HURTS! I am in PAIN! The actual procedure didn't hurt, but the after recovery?

HOLY COW.

Okay so the story wasn't that interesting.

But I am in PAIN.

It HURTS! IT HURTS!

And I'm sorry to complain so much, but...

IT HURTS!

Feel sorry for me...

**Edited to add**

I am sorry I am such a big baby. The doctor lied. He said it "wouldn't hurt much. You'll just need a tylenol or two." This thing throbs like a mofo! That's right, I said MOFO.

On another note the problem was:

On my big toe on my left foot along the bottom right hand corner of the nail bed, it was swollen and inflamed because of a nasty ingrown toenail. It is pretty uncommon for them to be so low in the toe, but it happens from time to time. The podiatrist took the toenail out (on one side) and killed it so it would not grow back!! Poor Toe!

20 comments:

Whitney said...

So was it an infection? I'm sorry you are in so much pain!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that is horrible! I am so sorry. What was the problem??

Michele said...

OMG...so what did he say caused this? I'm so sorry for all your pain...just what you need right now huh?!!!

Hugz,
Michele

Lisa said...

OH no! So sorry, good grief, what a crazy thing to happen.
Stay on the course girlfriend; let nothing deter you!

Lisa Q

Unknown said...

Um.


Ow

Betty said...

Awe, poor thing! We feel sorry for you! :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, yikes and yuck! I hope the tylenol starts to work.

Anonymous said...

Oh OUCH! I hope the pain subsides too.

Unknown said...

OUCH!

Kerri said...

I thought you were going to say you cut your toe off! I assume the worst now since my garbage disposal accident. Bad pictures going through my head! Well, I'm glad you still have a toe, but I do feel bad that you are hurting. Get better really soon!

Ballerina Girl said...

so sorry for your pain!
on a side note...ship her the whole way, it's not even summer yet! it will not get to 85!

:)BG

angi_b72 said...

Oh ouch!! And you know...everyone will step on it, you will kick things, etc...just becasue it already hurts!!

Vanessa Rogers said...

Sounds painful! I hope you are feeling better!

April said...

OH....I'm so sorry.....my husband has explained to me how he removes an ingrown toenail.....it sounds like medieval torture.....hope you feel better soon!

Samantha said...

Ooh, I'm in pain just thinking about it. I hope it gets better soon!

Ashley said...

Ouchie! This is definitely not what you need right now!

Heather said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!! You poor thing! I hope this next 24 hours is better!

Young Momma said...

Oh I'm going to apologize in advance....

LMAO!

Ok, I'm done.

I'm only laughing because my hubs went through this when we were young. Except it happened to like FOUR of his toes at once. All little ones. He had the same thing done. Except I watched when they did the procedure and made it worse. LOL You know when they stick the needle in your toe to numb it?? Well, right then my eyes got real wide and I said (quite loudly) "Did that just go THROUGH his TOE?!" Yep, it sure had. Did my hubs want to know that?? HELL NO! LOL Then when the doc had just finished with one toe my hubs calf locked up in a huge cramp that made his leg look deformed. He was NOT a happy camper!

His toe nails weren't supposed to grow back either, but they did. No more problems, but they did grow back. His were infected though, because, like a man, he took his sweet time getting to the podiatrist. ;)

Hope you feel better ASAP!

Eve said...

Ooooooohhhhhh - OUCH!

Megan said...

OMGoodness! I KNOW THAT PAIN!! When I was in 6th grade I had half of my toenail taken off for the same reason...6 shots in my toe!! YEOUCH! I hope that your toe heals asap!!