Monday, November 3, 2008

Anything to help my Man!

Photobucket

So Melody at Pennies in my Pocket started the weekend self esteem posts! And I have said I was going to start doing this with her. And though I am coming in the last couple of hours, I still wanted to! So here it is:

Assignment: Write a post about how you try to boost
your spouse/significant other's self-esteem.


**Join in on the fun! We could all use a little boost ever once in a while!!**

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of boosting Mr S's self esteem is to be needed. Being from Brazil, Mr. S comes a very macho society.

That being said, I am a VERY independent person. I am the girl that knows how to change her tire, her oil, opens her own jars, moves her own furniture, has a successful job...I am all about girl power. I work in a construction industry and I am in the south in a small town, where it is the "good ol' boy" network. The odds are against me. But in my heels, I run around the job site directing installers, measuring, in the warehouse on the forklift, and doing what I need to do to get the job done. My husband hates that. Not because he isn't proud of me, or because he doesn't want me to be independent, but because he wants to be needed. Which is something I had to learn. So now that I know that I have learned to let him get me things off the top shelf, ask him to change my oil or talk to the mechanic (even though I worked with the service dept at a car dealership). This is why I tell him on a regular basis how much I love him and just why I need him in my life. That he changed my entire world. The whole path for my life changed the day that I told him that I would marry him. That I can't live my life without him. He worries every day that i will forget about him, that I am going to want to stay in the states if he cannot, that I will not love him anymore. So I tell him every single day. In fact we have the same type of conversation every day because that is what he needs. To be loved, to feel needed.

On to a more lighter note, Mr. S LOVES to play soccer. And he is really, really good! So I go to him games, cheer him on, and brag on him to EVERYONE!

Since most of my time was spent with Mr. S before we were married, I used to sneak into his apartment before he got home from work to leave notes everywhere. Literally. Notes on the mirror, his pillow, the fridge, the shirt I KNOW he's going to pick, and his visor in his car. I was the girl that would send text messages continually throughout the day to let him know I was thinking about him or that I missed him.

One of the things I loved most about Mr. S was his happy nature. Mr. S is a naturally happy, optimistic person. I love that about him! I will try everything in my power to make sure he stays that way! If his self esteem stays high, I know that I will be right there with him!

16 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

That is very sweet! You are such a good wife. Keep doing what you are doing... I know he appreciates it and you!

Anonymous said...

It never fails...men love a damsel in distress. You know what he needs and you give it to him. That's a good wife.

Hang in there hon.

Lula! said...

Any friend of Kori's is a friend of mine...

And I am loving your blog...and your story.

Thanks for stopping by "my place." I'll be coming back to yours...definitely!

Tabitha Blue said...

What a great post! It's nice to know what makes our husbands tick....

Wow, I just read your header... my first time being here at your blog. Bless you! I couldn't imagine!! Are you guys still apart?

Deb Burton said...

Mrs. de Miranda, thanks so much for stopping by my blogsite and leaving a comment. And you stop by Illinois anytime. Be glad to have you!

onlymehere said...

I pray that this is resolved soon and you can be together again, whether it be in America or Brazil. You are absolutely amazing and he is so lucky to have found you! I love the job that you have! I have been a cabinetmaker and I miss the smell of the work site! I love the smell of freshly made furniture and lacquer! That could explain my craziness couldn't it? LOL! I love the idea of this post too and might have to try it some day.

Jennifer said...

Your a great wife:0 Thanks for this post I need to hear that:)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Its so refreshing to see a wife who knows her hubby so well and respects him! :-) This is a great post!

Thanks so much for joining in! Sorry I'm so late coming by, but this weekend was BUSY and I didn't get online. :-)

~melody~

Crystal Rae said...

Awwww.. you guys are so cute. What a great way to boost your hubby! I love your blog as well... are you still apart from Sidnei?

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Such a cute picture of you guys. I hope things get worked out soon.

Tabitha Blue said...

Just stopping by to leave some more comment love! Thought I'd check in and see what's happening over here :) Have a great voting day!!

ko said...

thanks for the well wishes!!! :) What a sweet post.....love how you love sidnei! I would love to move to Brazil....I am sure you will make lots of friends and fit right in!! :)
Kyley

Fabiola said...

Hi,

Well, I have to agree with the macho society, since I come from down here.
If you want to ask me something about living here, feel free to write. But I won´t sugar coated, life here is though. Sidney will agree with me.
I don´t know a lot about living in small cities, but I can try to help.


Fabiola

Anonymous said...

And did you vote for Obama or Mccain? if you don't mind me asking... I'm sure if ask about votes is common in US! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

Such a sweet commentary on your husband. I'm sure his happy, optimistic outlook is a huge benefit under these circumstances!

Laural Out Loud said...

You are such a great wife! My husband would love for your perspective to rub off on me a bit, lol. I try, though, I do try.

When you mentined that you watched his soccer games, it made me laugh, because Gilberto wouldn't let me watch him play. Something about bad luck, lol.