Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Watching and Waiting...

Do you know what my FAVORITE part about elections are??? The fact that on the first Tuesday of the month of November they are OVER! That's right people. I said it. OVER. No more flyers, no more commercials, news reports, and NO MORE PHONE CALLS. Did you know that Gretchen Wilson called me??? Yup, in support of John McCain. She called to tell me how important it was that I support him. Crazy Ol' Gretchen.

I hung up on her.

Ok, okay. Seriously though, the other part that I LOVE is watching the party that won celebrate. And the supporters all over our country celebrating with them. Which is what I am doing right now. It is an amazing thing to see. Congratulations President Obama. Now that you are here, you better damn well hold up your end of the bargain.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm just thrilled that I don't have to hear any more ads on radio or tv for ANY politician! And thanks for stopping by on BATW for Chicago. I hope you come back to visit soon!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I am sooo glad it's over!

EmmaP said...

wow! I am glad it is over too! even my kids got into the elections this year! funny!

Unknown said...

I too am tired of the ads, so I am glad they will all be gone now.

Congrats to the new Pres! I too hope he can hold up his end of the bargain, because that is the part that I fear.

AndreaLeigh said...

LOL! Obama wasn't my choice, but I am just so happy to be here for this historic day. History is beautiful, is it not? It is time for change!

mrsmouthy said...

You totally put my thoughts into words. Glad it's over, and glad it ended the way it did!!