Monday, November 17, 2008

Turkey Time is Just Around the Calander! **updated**

*****FOR ANY OF YOU WHO READ THIS PREVIOUSLY, I LEFT OUT AN IMPORTANT INGREDIENT...THE PUMPKIN. YEAH YEAH, I KNOW. BUT NONE OF YOU REALIZED IT EITHER! (EXCEPT FOR KATE, THANKS AGAIN!) SO DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR RECIPE CARD OR YOU'LL HAVE SOME UN-PUMKIN-Y CHEESECAKE BARS!*****

I love Thanksgiving.

It is near and dear to my heart.

It is a time for family, a time for friends, a time to give, and especially a time to be thankful!!

But this is NOT why I love Thanksgiving!

Why, then, do you ask?

It's because I LOVE to eat. That's right. I admit it.

But DANG people. I love me some mashed potatoes! Seriously. And all the other wonderful things that go along with the traditional meal!

Except for candied yams. And the jiggly purple stuff that comes outta a can!

But what I truly, truly love...is dessert.

Which is why I am helping The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Minivan Mom (man C, that is a long freakin name! Even the abbreviation is long: SMTMM) Pimp out her Thanksgiving! That and I can steal all the ideas as well!

So without further ado, this is my recipe:

Fabulous Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) pkg of pound cake mix (I like Betty, hers is the most moist)
2 TBSP butter, melted
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz) can of pumpkin
1/2 tsp of salt
3 eggs
4 tsp pumpkin spice
1 (14 oz) can condensed milk (Not evaporated! Trust me on this...)
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter, 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, until crumbly.
Press onto bottom of a 15"x10" pan and set aside

In a different large bowl (or the same, who am I to say?) beat cream cheese until it's fluffy. It will put up a fight, make sure you condition this arm well.

Gradually beat in condensed milk, then the 2 eggs, pumpkin, 2 tsp pumpkin spice, and salt. Mix it all well.

Pour over the crust, sprinkle the nuts on top.

Bake about 30 minutes or until they are set well.

You wont be disappointed!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!

36 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love pumpkin cheesecake bars! I just made some over the weekend for my coworkers. So delicious!

onlymehere said...

Oh my family is going to want me to try this!! I'm printing it out now!! Cindy

Unknown said...

Yum!! These sound amazing!

And by the way--the baby shower looked amazing!! You did such a great job, hon!!

FROGGITY! said...

hey there! here from sits and wahooo that looks good. congrats on being saucy!!!

black betty said...

congrats on being saucy...

you've just made me VERY hungry. ;)

Melissa said...

YUMMY!!! These bars sound sooooooo d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!

AndreaLeigh said...

yummy yummy! I thought you didn't cook? you are holding out on us!

Cassie said...

Wow! These sound fabulous! I might have to try these out on Thanksgiving!

Jen said...

those sound divine. I am going to add them to my recipe list. Nice work!

Laura Marchant said...

Yum! I can't wait for Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

We didn't really use a polaroid camera. I just love the fun, vintage look they give, so I downloaded Polaroid software and turned the normal pics into Polaroids! :)

Brandy said...

I need to try this ASAP...I will add it to the list. The list of desserts that grow every day...at this rate I will need to eat one a day in order to try them all.

Sounds okay to me.

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkin pie, I love cheesecake and I love pretty much any type of bar. Pretty much guaranteed I'll love this recipe.

(And I don't like can-berry either.)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds delicious!!!

Crystal Rae said...

Ummm.. OKAY, I think i might have to make this right here. If and when i do I'll let you know how it turns out, and Ill post pictures, seeing how I love taking them! LOL.

MammaDucky said...

Checking you out from SITS. Curse you and your pumpkin cheesecake bars! I just might curse you with some Pumpkin Tiramisu recipes! Mwuahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

I never understood thanksgiven very well, it always seemed a lot like christmas here! The both have turckes! :P

marine's words said...

I just found your blog and I was touch by what you said on your header about your homeymoon it was like reading a book , can I ask what happen are you and your husband back now. What a story !! you are a strong person to have gone through these.

thank you for sharing your cheesecake bars I just may try them.
marina

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm!!!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I sure did pick the wrong time to start my stupid diet!!!!!

Those sound de-lish!

Mandy said...

YUM-O!! I love to eat, too. That may be why I haven't lost some pregnancy weight and my youngest is going to be 3 in February. I'm just saying'.

Debbie said...

MY MOUTH IS WATERING!!! I must have this recipe...Love it!

Finding Normal said...

That sounds divine!
Happy sauciness!

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera said...

Yummie! I am going to save that recipe it sounds DELISH!!!

(followed you from SITS! :) )

Jennifer said...

Those sound yummy!! I love to eat as well! I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Congrats on being Saucy this week!

Hollie said...

I love Thanksgiving meals! Seriously, why do we only eat it at Thanksgiving?! I'm all for working it into the weekly rotation!

just found ya and wanted to say hello!
cute blog!

mrsmouthy said...

Major yum!

And I loved the intro for this post--I was totally hearing the classical violinist, then the sound of the record needle being ripped off when you busted out with the eating thing!

MsTypo said...

Those bars sound tres, tres tasty!! :) A new craving for the day!! :)

Kate P. said...

These Bars sounded so goood...I even posted it in my newspaper column this week...so 8,049 peeps got this recipe in thir mailboxes today! Thanks!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I made those last year, except they were from cookinglight.com, but they were soooo good! Great idea!

Michelle said...

These bars sound so good. I think I might give them a go!

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Happy SITS week!

Fabiola said...

Yummy!!! I wish we had thanksgiving down here too...

Fabiola

Unknown said...

I am so not ready for turkey time or any other time. :(

Samantha said...

Recipe sounds yummy, and I, too, love dessert. But I also love the jiggly can stuff and the candied yams, too. :)

And I want to come visit Myrtle Beach now! It looks awesome!

Kate P. said...

OMG! This recipe has been a HIT! Thanks for letting me run it in the newspaper!!! I have have sooo many calls from people asking how much pumpkin to use! It's a good thing though...cuz now I know people actually READ my column! YAY!!! I'm famous...thanks to the pumpkin bars! You ROCK!