Friday, November 7, 2008

Co-ed Baby Dilema!

Shew!! (pronounced "shoe" meaning "whew" or "woo") It has been a long day! And by that I mean its been a long week! And by that I mean it went by really fast! Seriously though, all these long days I have been having, end up disappearing and before I know it, Friday is here! And by that I mean, Thank Goodness!!!! Although since I have to work tomorrow, it's not really a "true" weekend for me. But what weekend is anymore? And of course from here on out starts the holiday mad dash of activities--which for me with divorced parents is a thousand times more stressful trying to coordinate everything! Let me tell you I can't wait to have my husband home and start a family so we can start our own deal. I am tired of juggling people's feelings and schedules. It takes a lot away from my holiday happiness! But hopefully we will get everything scheduled to make all sides happy!


Can I just tell you all something?? You people post soo much! Do you know it has taken me all day? Alright well it was really on and off, but my goodness! I started out with a number would read a couple, get it down, and it was doubled by the time I got back! Truthfully though, I love it! It is so much fun to share your days and to share mine! So I am not complaining! Nope, not one bit!


Okay, so the real reason for this post besides the meandering rambling IS:


I am throwing a baby shower next weekend. It is co-ed as the mother to be also works in a male dominated industry and does not have a lot of "girl" friends! SO, my question is, Have you been to a co-ed baby shower? And if so, did you have a good time? And if double-so, what did you do that made it a good time?? Any hints, tips, suggestions that you all have would be much appreciated! It is actually my first time hosting a baby shower...actually thinking about it, I don't think I've ever been to a baby shower either! So there you have it! I need help! Anything you got, give it to me!


Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!


7 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

No, I haven't. Would a theme making planning easier? Make you could center it around some sort of activity, or be very casual and grill so the guys have something to do.

Hmmm... I'll think on it.

Unknown said...

You always make me laugh, girlie :)

Sorry about the stress of the holidays...we are still going through the drama...

I'll be sooo happy for you once your honey is home. Safe and sound. How is e'thing going with that? Have you heard anything else?

Baby showers...I went to one that was coed. The guys played games with us, but then they all went outside, bbq'd, etc. Lol! I'm not much help, hehe :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Can I tell you something..the divorced family thing doesn't get easier when your hubby is around...especially after you have kids. Sorry to be a downer.

But, I'll be so happy for you guys once your man gets home!!!

And, the co-ed party...I would have it revolve around a meal...either lunch or dinner. That way the guys are occupied with food while the presents and stuff are being opened.

Laura Marchant said...

Our baby shower was a "couples" baby shower. Let me tell you, the guys seemed to have more fun than the girls. They had never played the "guess what the baby ate" game or stuff like that and they loved it. Well, we also had it at a mexican restaurant where the margaritas were arriving by the pitchers but none for the pregnant lady, don't worry.
Seriously, I think they will enjoy it.

nikkicrumpet said...

I love the picture! I've never been to a coed shower...so I'm of no help.

Lesley said...

I wouldn't do huge food stuff....my favorite baby shower...they just had great appetizers and finger foods....and had a box of different prizes for dad or mom to win....they would ask the other parent to be a series of questions...then if the other got it right...they could pick a toy, bottle, burp cloth, bib, onesie...whatever from the basket...(bassinet)....super fun.....got everyone involved....

Anonymous said...

Yeah. We had a co-ed baby shower. But D was the only male so not sure that helps. I'd be surprised if too many men showed up. Unless they were dragged of course. Have fun! Oh, stupid baby games with prizes. Men and women are competitive and everyone loves a free prize.