Thursday, November 6, 2008

A few odds and ends...

Ok so now that Project Runway is over...Wednesday nights are BLAH on the TV. Anybody know anything good about Wednesday nights? So I started watching Jon and Kate + 8. When this show first came on, I loved it! And even though I find myself still watching it. I am bothered. Every episode is we are going skiing, we are going to the zoo, we are going to the beach for fourth of july, we are going to san diego, this place gave us this free trip, we are going to hawaii to renew our vows. What?? Renew your vows? WHY? Have you been married so long that you feel the need to renew them in Hawaii?? I don't get it! The thing I loved about the show was watching how they lived day to day in a normal every day American family! Now it's the oprah show, the cover of some magazine, on and on. I'm sorry but I am glad they have all these opportunities, that is great! But it has kind of taken the fun out of the show for me. So, enough about TV. Can you tell how pathetic I am? I have resorted to talking about shows. *sigh*

My throat started hurting when I woke up this morning! I am worried! I don't want to get sick. But I am also perturbed. I had my tonsils taken out about a year ago. I guess this shouldn't mean no more sore throats, but I was kinda hoping thats what it meant!! And now that I don't have tonsils, the swollen-ness has moved to different lymph nodes. Yippee!

So when reading all of my wonderful posts, I ran across Mamarazzi who talked about doing Pay It Forward or PIF! Here are the rules:

PAY IT FORWARD: I will send a handmade (not necessarily handmade by me, as my crafty-ness is not so great) gift to the first three (3) people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. You may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. (so, you must have a blog to participate.) I can't wait to see who I will be giving to. To join, comment away on my blog and then just cut and paste these instructions to your own blog. {You can wait until you get your item from me to start your pay it forward.} So get posting!

Does anyone want to join?? I think it would be fun! Also the deadline for Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap is Friday! Get to swapping people! It should be fun!!

So I went to this fun site to see how many people there are of me!


There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Mrs. S.

woo hoo! I am unique!!

Are you??

18 comments:

Samantha said...

There are 21 of me! But I already knew I wasn't unique--there is even a child star with my name. Very annoying when I'm trying to Google myself! :)

Not sure I can be responsible for a crafty exchange, but I will share our Wednesday show: "Pushing Daisies," at 8:00 on ABC. It's a very cute show. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, I would love to do a PIF! I love crafty things :)

Jon & Kate? Can't watch it anymore! I just got tired of all the things they were doing...yet they claim to be a normal family...hmmm...no thanks, I'll skip it now!

I hope your sore throat feels better soon! I hate feeling lowsy :(

And the Wed nite thing? I watched Top Design, but I think that is over this week, too! I think Top Chef is starting next week--I love that show!

Unknown said...

Oh I'd love to participate but I'm not very crafty so can I give away ebooks instead?

Unknown said...

There are 22 of me if I do my married name and over 100 if I use my maiden name. I'm not unique. :(

I used to LOVE Jon & Kate plus 8 and would never miss an episode, but lately, I totally agree with what you said. I too liked seeing their normal day to day lives. It's OK once in a while to have a show about that stuff, but this seems like an all the time thing anymore. The show won't last long if they keep doing it like that.

I don't watch a whole lot on Wednesdays that I can think of. The only thing I can remember is CSI:NY, but there might be others, I'll have to look.

Sorry you aren't feeling too well. Hope it goes away soon.

I like the idea of a PIF, but I'm not too crafty. Don't know that I have the time right now either, but I will think about it. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I totally agree with you on Jon and Kate plus 8. Yet, I still find myself watching sometimes.

I watch Private Practice. It's not great, but it's something.

I love the PIF and swap idea, but I've got my hands full right now, so I'm going to pass.

ko said...

i agree on the show....i hope your day is GREAT
kyley

EmmaP said...

funny about the tonsils. I have not had mine out - but i guess that is what i always assumed too! no more sore throats. btw, there is only 1 of me with my name!!! (21 if I go by my maiden name).

Queenie Jeannie said...

There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Jeanne Kupsh.

YAY!! I'm unique too!!! Oh no, that means I can't blame anything on the "other" Jeannie! Rats!

I can't wait for the swap thingy!! I'm already collecting goodies to send.

Unknown said...

Good shows on Weds are America's Next Top Model, LOVE IT! Its on the CW at 7:00 and Pushing Daisies I think it is on channel 4?? at 8:00. When Project runway was on my weds were jam packed ha ha

I agree, Jon and Kate has kinda lost its luster for me but I still watch it also!

There is noone with my name! YAY

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I'm so not 1,2 or 3, but that is a COOL idea! :)

I used to watch J&K plus 8, but I found it stressed me out too much! lol

nikkicrumpet said...

I joined up with mammarazzi! It will be fun! And I'm with you..I'm going through Project Runway withdrawals!

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm having some technical difficulties with mammarazzi... she isn't getting my emails and I can't open the ones she sends me. I want to participate though!

I'd love a PIF challenge.

I won't watch J&K anymore. I did some research on them and I'm really disheartened by some of the things I found. :(

Tabitha Blue said...

Yes, I too, loved Project Runway... and enjoyed Jon & Kate much more in the early episodes. Don't really watch it anymore. Oh well. :)

Hope you feel better soon and don't get sick!! That's never fun.

Samantha said...

Hi Stephanie,

Saw your comment about adult onset asthma...my symptoms sound like yours. How are you treating yours? Do you do any meds on a regular basis or just for rescue? I would really like to handle this. Thanks!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Come on over to my blog!!!

A Bella good morning video and a GOOD MORNING GIVEAWAY!!!!!

=)

Crystal Rae said...

OMG... I'm totally with you on Jon + Kate plus 8, that is not how real people live, specially people with 8 kids, all under the age of 4. LOL. IT's crazy

Lula! said...

I love paying it forward. I do.

And I love that are the only Stephanie de Miranda that I know!

Lula! said...

I love paying it forward. I do.

And I love that are the only Stephanie de Miranda that I know!