Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby Shower!

Success!! The baby shower went really well and I am SO glad! We had about eleven people there! I had it at a place called Sea Captain's Restaurant in Myrtle Beach. It sits on the ocean so it has a really pretty view!! And the food is amazing! They are known for their Shecrab Soup! (Though I actually don't like seafood at all, I just liked the location!)

And I know there are some of you who think it's a house, but it's a restaurant, I promise!

We only played a few games, I wanted to keep it simple since we had it at a restaurant. I found Old Wives Tales Trivia, Baby Shower Price is Right (this one was a lot of fun!), and Nursery Rhyme Jeopardy! (Jeopardy was every one's favorite I think!! It was mine anyway!) And then we played the game were you can't say "baby" or you get your little clothes pin taken away from you! Of course I am TERRIBLE at this game and I was the first one to lose my pin!!

But anyway without further ado, meet our Mommy-to-be!


Here is what the cake looked like! It is soooo gorgeous! I gave a plate that I had gotten for the shower to the lady who does all my cakes (she did my wedding cake) and it looks EXACTLY like the plate! It was crazy! On top of that she has such reasonable prices and the best part is they taste SO good! I still get compliments on how great my cake was from my wedding!

This side said Starlynn Bree is on her way!!


And last but definitely not least, I am SO proud!! Here is the diaper cake!! I hope you think it is as cute as I think it is!! I fell in love with it!


Mommy loved the diaper cake, which to me, makes it all worth it!!


We all had such a good time! We even had two guys come to join us!! They were such good sports!!



Doing this was a lot of fun! I love to make people happy and I really, truly hope that she had a good time!! And even though I ran out of time and had to do everything at the last minute, I still love to plan, decorate, and give a party! I would love to do this more often!!

I hope you are all having a great weekend! I'm going to go work on my photo book now!!!

30 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

That diaper cake is sooo cool!! It looks like everyone had a great time and you are such a great friend for doing all this!

Kori said...

You did an amazing job. Way to go on the Diaper caker it rocked.

nikkicrumpet said...

The cake was amazing...Loved it. And the diaper cake....YOU OUTDID YOURSELF! Very nice job!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You made it! Good ob on the diaper cake...even if you did use some used ones.

KatBouska said...

Looks like fun and the diaper cake is SO cool!!! Great work sista!

Rebecca Jo said...

Just visiting from SITS - wanted to say hello...

And your Diaper Cake is fantastic - love the pink/brown ribbon!!! And what a beautiful cake....

Tabitha Blue said...

How fun!! Cute Cute Cake and cute diaper cake too!!

Crystal Rae said...

OMG... diaper cake, did you make that? I can not wait to be pregnant, but I can wait, LOL. If that makes any sensy at all, LOL. Well, have a great weekend.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like a great time!

You did a fabulous job on the diaper cake. WOW! Where were you for my shower last month?

AndreaLeigh said...

So glad it turned out well. Love the diaper cake! And the actual cake looks delicious and beautiful as well!

AndreaLeigh said...

So glad it turned out well. Love the diaper cake! And the actual cake looks delicious and beautiful as well!

Queenie Jeannie said...

ohmygosh, ohmygosh!!

You.Are.Saucy!!!!!!!

Congratulations honey!!!! Now don't let all that fame and bloggy love go to your head, ok? =)

Mandy said...

Congrats on being saucy!!

I love the diaper cake!!

S Club Mama said...

Those games sound like so much fun. I've never heard of those games!

Mom and Me said...

Visiting from SITs, congrats on being Saucy - and very nice diaper cake!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! It looks like an amazing shower! I love that diaper cake! OH! and the real cake too!

Congrats on Saucy!

Shanda said...

LOVE your diaper cake!! I used to make those...it has been awhile. You did a fabulous job with the baby shower!

Congrats on being Saucy this week!!

Rebecca said...

What a great cake and diaper cake!
Over from SITS!!!!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

What a wonderful shower...lucky mom and baby! Shecrab soup is DELICIOUS. Next time you're in Charleston, go by Tristan on Market Street and try their version...I don't know if I've ever had better.

watercolordaisy said...

Games? oy.

Cake w/ dino on it was very cute.

Lori said...

i grew up in the midwest and we went to myrtle every summer...and this was our FAVORTIE place to go! when I saw the pic i knew exactly what it was!
great place for a shower!
and the shecrab soup is to die for!

onlymehere said...

I love your diaper cake!! It turned out so cute. Before my daughter Brianna's baby shower I hadn't even heard of a diaper cake. I found them on the internet and made her's. It turned out to be really fun too. I'm glad it turned out so well. Oh, and I'll have to check out SITS and see what it's all about. I've seen it around but never had time to check it out. Cindy

black betty said...

the cake AND diaper cake are AWESOME!!! love it!

Unknown said...

Steph this is seriously awesome!! You did the best job! I love that cake she made and the cake you made, it is beautiful. You are a shower throwing PRO... as I know, since you threw my bachelorette party/shower. I miss you and wish you were here to be at all my showers and such again!!

Lesley said...

You did an amazing job on the diaper cake.....better than the picture even.....you may have a future in this....

WheresMyAngels said...

That cake and diaper cake were unbelievable!

Finding Normal said...

That diaper cake is so cute! I love brown/pink together!
And the real cake is super cute too!

Baby Shower said...

Cute cakes. Sounds like you had a lot of fun playing those baby shower games. Did you get any of the men to play?

Unknown said...

That diaper cake is cute! You did an awesome job. I am sure the mommy-to-be was thrilled.

mrsmouthy said...

I am so impressed as I tried to make a diaper cake for my friend's shower last year and ended up giving her an opened bag of newborn diapers, some of which were misshapen and had tape irremovably stuck to them, along with an apology at my inadequacies. You rock!

And look at all your comments, girl! How exciting!