Monday, December 8, 2008

9 months and counting...

It is about half past midnight and we have just arrived home from Orlando!! What a trip it has been! I have to say, I am glad to be back in my bed!! But I will post about all this later!!

Today (as in very early Monday morning/Sunday night) I just wanted everyone to know a little information!

It has been nine months to the day since I married the love of my life! Though things are not as I would have planned, my heart pitter patters and then melts at thoughts of our future! I am so very blessed to have married a man that is so loving. He tells me every single day exactly how he feels. He promises every day to make me happy for the rest of our lives, and I believe every word.

Mr S is going to be such a good Papai! I am SO happy to be married to someone who values family so much. I have been given a deadline of January 2010. That is when i supposed to be giving birth to our first child. Haha. He makes me laugh! I told him let's work on getting him home and spending some time together first! But I am so very happy that he is so excited to have kids and to be such a good Dad. Have I mentioned that we have already named them? And talk about them all the time by name? It's true and it's a lot of fun!

I am so excited for our future together. I know that we are not facing an easy thing. I think Mr S said it best the other night, "Everyone's lives are difficult. We are not excused from that, our lives will be difficult too. But, Mrs S, I love you, and that makes things a lot easier. If we do it together, we will be happy." How could you not love a man that tells you that?? Mr S gives me hope for us. I know that marriage is not easy. I watched my parents struggle, have a terrible relationship, re-marry and still struggle. Am I looking through "rose-colored glasses" as my dad would say?...maybe. But I think I would rather look through those than go through life so cynical and unhappy.

This weekend I get to go see Mr S for the first time in 9 months...I can not believe we have been apart for so long. The time has truly gone fast and so very slow all at the same time. I can not wait to get back and tell you everything about it! I know it will be SO good, but SO hard at the same time. It was so hard to leave Mr S the first time I left St Thomas...I imagine it will be equally as hard to walk away...

Thank you all for taking this journey with me! Thank you for all your support and love! I am so excited to be reporting of the happy times to come and for all of you to share in mine and Mr S's life TOGETHER!

26 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

You are so strong. It must be so difficult to be going through this. It stregthens me to think about you and how positively you handle such a difficult situation. You will have your happily ever after- you deserve it!

jori-o said...

I've seen you around the blogosphere but this is the first time I've stopped by...and I'm so glad I did! Happy Anniversary! I hope you will have good news to report regarding your situation SOON! You are an inspiration! =)

Ballerina Girl said...

You keep that positive attitude! It will help get you through these tough times, and you both will be stronger in your relationship for it!
I hope that you have a fantastic visit, and I look forward to hearing about it when you return!
Safe travels and many joys to you and Sidnei!
BG

Stephanie said...

Girl, you are one strong woman! I can't imagine the challenge of your situation.

Happy Anniversary:)

Kori said...

Everything will be wonderful in time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

onlymehere said...

You're such an inspiration to me. I'm amazed that you are so strong and pray that Sidnei will be released soon. "This weekend," what a glorious two words for you and they mean so much in so many different ways! Take care and I hope the flight goes smooth and the trip is all you hope it will be and then some! Cindy

Betty said...

I´ve followed your blog for a little while now and really like it. But can I ask you why you are living apart from your husband? I have not found the answer as of yet and thought I may as well ask. (I´m direct like that) :)
I´m also very interested because my daughter who lives here in Paraguay is having a long distance relationship too. And I can see how hard it is!

Ronnica said...

I'm sure you can't wait to see him again!

AndreaLeigh said...

I bet you are just on pins and needles! I didn't realize it was coming up so soon. Girl, I'm so excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you, Stephanie, I can imagine how much you have been waiting to seee Sidney and I can almost tell exactly how you feel! :)

Be strong because it's going to be easy leave him again. You are gonna feel as torn as you felt the first time, but I can assure you that you will be fine again, just as you are right now. Takes time but we are gonna be fine! I'm sure!

And I can't say eactly that it's a rule, but brazilians are very good parents! heheh!! At least, I had a great dad and a great grandfather!

hugs!

Carla said...

As it has been stated here . . . you are a very strong woman. You two have a lot of love to catch up to . . . we can't wait to read how the visiting went. :)

Paula said...

I am praying that your visit will be great. Take care

Unknown said...

i can't WAIT for you to get to see him... i can't imagine what that's been like for you!!!!

Heather said...

You are a very strong woman, and I am so excited that you get to see him. Have a safe trip and wish that hubby of yours a Merry Christmas from all of us!

Wep said...

Oh hon...Happy Anniversary. I'm so happy that you get to see your honey this weekend :-)

YAY!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Oh! How exciting! I'm sure you can't wait. Happy anniversary. I hope things get worked out soon. Can't wait to hear about your trip. :)

The Pink Owl said...

thank you for the sweet comment tonight! Happy 9 months--can't wait to hear about your weekend!

Unknown said...

Glad you are back safe from Florida!

Happy 9 month anniversary!

I am so excited for you that you get to go see him this weekend. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that it will probably be hard to leave him again. But, honestly, it is what it is right now and you have to keep faith in knowing that soon he will come home and you won't have to leave him again. If it was easy, it wouldn't be life.

I am going to say prayers that he will be home for your one year anniversary. Maybe you could take a small trip to celebrate...to somewhere closer to home. :)

Anonymous said...

Have as much fun as you can! Don't wear the granny panties K?

TisforTonya said...

you keep those glasses ON! Cynicism is really not a pretty quality :)

Ashley said...

He does sound great... even through all these hard times. January 2010 is fast approaching, girl! I know ya'll are excited but you definitely need time to be with each other and enjoy marriage together before you bring the little ones into your home. You'll both be great parents whenever the time comes!

Ballerina Girl said...

thanks for the info on how to embed a youtube video!!
BG

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so excited for you. 9 long months.......the reunion will be so sweet. I don't think viewing life with rose colored glasses is a bad thing.......and, you can be realistic and positive at the same time!

Unknown said...

P.S. I sent you an invite to my private blog... I hope I sent it to the right email address. :)

marine's words said...

my blog is down right now I am having computor promblems but I just had too come by too see how you are doing....someday you and your husband well be able too look back at these. The Lord longs to give us a full life with an array of emotions that enhance our faith he will take these and make sense of it ") marina

Laura Marchant said...

Well, you might just have your baby before 2010 after this visit :-)