Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where are you Christmas, why can't I find you?

I have been trying really hard the past couple of weeks to find Christmas spirit. I just can't. I have watched movies, sung Christmas songs, put together a Gingerbread house, decorated sugar cookies, wrapped gifts. What the heck? Usually I am the one going all out making sure everyone else is feeling it too. This year it is just not happening. Last week I gave myself the excuse that it was because of the warm weather. It just can't be Christmas when it is 75 degrees out. But now that it still has not gotten over 40....I have no excuse.

So yesterday I was reading in my blogger, and I ran across this post from Kerri @ Messes and Mudpies. Then I realized it. I don't feel it because I have not stopped all the running around to recognize the full meaning of the Christmas Spirit. It is not in the movies, gingerbread houses, cookies, or gifts. It is our Savior, and His birth. It is recognizing that He was sent here, to fulfill his mission, that I may return to our Heavenly Father. So now, please join me in watching this video , called Reflections of Christ.


It truly made my heart full. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father, for giving me a Brother, that loves so truly, so deeply, and so openly. I am eternally indebted to Christ for the sacrifices that He has made for me. I am grateful everyday for the opportunities to find Him in others around me, for being able to shine His light and share his message with others. I am so humbled to be taught the lessons of what I am going through now. I am humbled to know how much I need Him in my life and I am forever grateful that He is always with me. He surrounds me with His love continually and never leaves me alone. In this I find the Christmas spirit that I hope to share with all of you.

My love to you and all your families. Merry Christmas my dear friends!

11 comments:

Kori said...

Amen Sister. You have truly been a blessing to me in some of my hardest moments whether you are aware of it or not. I am lucky to know you and to be able to call you my friend. Much love.

Kerri said...

That was beautiful! I'm glad my post helped you to know where to look to find the Christmas Spirit. It's really not in the "things" but in Christ. Merry Christmas!

angi_b72 said...

That is a beautiful post!! I hope you and your family have a blessed and merry christmas! I hope you get this mess straightened out quickly too! You are a great person!!

onlymehere said...

I have had to force myself to concentrate on the true meaning also. It took me a very long time this year to find the Christmas spirit. I kept thinking it was bz next year two more kids will be gone, Travis on a two-year mission for our church, and Nicholas will be getting married in late spring or early summer. Many life changes for me. For Pete sakes I became a grandma this year and I still feel like a 25-year-old in my heart! I'm glad you found the spirit. I got my card off late to Sydnei (I have to write down how to spell his name) so I just enclosed a note. He may not get it for Christmas but it will be there soon after. Merry Christmas dear friend. I'm so glad I met you!! Cindy

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Merry Christmas to you and the Happiest of New Years. I put a card in the mail to your hubby last Saturday. I hope that he'll receive it before Thursday. If not, it will be a nice surprise shortly after. Take care.

Betty said...

Thank you for this! I too, have not been feeling "the spirit" and this really helped. I´m going to watch it again!
Merry Christmas!

AndreaLeigh said...

I was just thinking of this today - that I haven't really stopped to reflect on the real meaning of christmas. thanks for the reminder.

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Tabitha Blue said...

What a great, sweet post!!! Perfect to read just before Christmas!!! Truly great sentiment and so true, amen!!

Merry Christmas!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Tara Bennett said...

The video is amazing. Thank you for sharing and reminding me. =)

Crystal Rae said...

Thats right, that is the true meaning of Christmas!