Friday, December 5, 2008

Down South

Today we drove ALL day to Orlando, Florida. The hotel we are at is GORGEOUS! It is just amazing and so close to Disney! Maybe I can get over there this weekend?? I don't know, but I am hoping so because I have NEVER BEEN!

Anyway I am here for work. We have a huge floor covering trade show. So tomorrow (or I guess today) is meetings all day. Boo. But maybe they will have something to inspire me. And maybe an awesome way to get some new business.

Of course when we got here today our room situation was not good. We updated our rooms becaues the cost was not that much different. They did not have enough upgraded rooms apparently even though this has been booked for MONTHS. So they put us in their bottom rooms. I was not happy. My Dad was not happy. They told us there was nothing they could do. We got upset and kept pushing. We got the Mohawk people involved...and of course they got it taken care of. But not before one of the employees told his boss that we had threatened to bash his head in! WHAT THE HELL? Are you crazy?? WE NEVER would threaten someone like that! I could NOT believe it. Seriously a hotel of this calibur (so unbelievably nice, seriously) should not have the customer service that they do. It was just ridiculous! But in the end (that took two hours to get to), they fixed it and we got our upgraded rooms. And free valet service. And best of all--chocolate covered strawberries!

Anyway I hope to have some good pictures from this trip! This place is so beautiful!! I still have not read my reader. But I promise I will. Hope you all have a GREAT Friday!!

18 comments:

Kori said...

Have a great time.And try to get out and do something fun.

onlymehere said...

Wow that sounds like a nice hotel. I've never stayed at one that gave me chocolate covered strawberries! Of course we never go away but I have travelled without my husband!

Kerri said...

I hope you do get to go to DisneyWorld! I've never been either. Sounds like a nice hotel with a bunch of idiots running the show! have fun!

Carla said...

what the?? you are here?? email me email me . . . do you have some free time??

Ashley said...

Orlando! How fun! I do hope you get a trip to DisneyWorld in! I haven't been since I was 6. I'm glad you got your room upgrade. Can't wait to see pictures!!

Unknown said...

Have fun, sweetie! I am really hoping you get to go to Disney!!

PS-eat a choc covered strawberry for me :)

Paula said...

Wow sounds like an awesome place to spend a few days Lucky you

lovelydharma said...

Hi there,
I stumbled on your blog through a series of links. Boy have you been through a lot! I'm also an American, married to a Brazilian and we relocated to Brazil (by choice) a little over 3 years ago (he had lived 17+ years in the US). You both seem like very strong people but geeze... no one deserves to go through what you've been dealing with. I'll keep you in my prayers and keep reading your blog with fingers crossed for you. Meanwhile, please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help or support at all in navigating your potential relocation here. It definitely has it's ups and downs, but overall, I'm very happy and we have a really great quality of life (and the Federal Police treated me with a lot of respect in organizing my residency visa -- WAAAAAY more than I would have ever gotten from the INS.) Enjoy your upcoming visit with Sidnei!
take care, Robyn

Crystal Rae said...

Last year was my very first time @ Disney in Cali, never been to the one in Florida, LOL. But never went as a child. LOL

P.S. Tag your it.... Check out my blog :)

AndreaLeigh said...

I hope you make it to DW! Have fun in Orlando. The outlets are awesome!

Anonymous said...

At least the solved everything and you got delicious strawberries with chocolate!!!

Looking forward to see the pictures! ;)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Glad things got worked out...how crazy. I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries. :)

I hope you make it to Disney! We were able to go this past March. It was so fun!

Vanessa Rogers said...

Kyle and I worked at Disney World for a semester. If you go to Magic Kingdom- which is where you need to go if you only have one day- ride the Buzz Lightyear ride. That was the ride I worked :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Hey...if you've got to go to work it sounds like you've got pretty good working conditions down in Orlando. Have some fun while you're there. I'd love to have a chance to go to Disney in cool weather. It's been years...

Unknown said...

I LOVE Florida! Have a great time!

Sorry about the room situation. Sounds like horrible customer service. Glad you got it fixed though. Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my faves! Yummy!

Oh, I love your new profile pic by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

How do you misconstrue a threat to get your head bashed in? That dude must be a total drama queen.

I love staying at hotels! Someone else has to clean up after me! I don't have to make my bed OR clean my bathroom!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Stephanie! I really apprecited your message! :)
And yes, i also think of you as good friends! And I'm pretty sure you know how i feel! :) It sucks to be away fromt he ones we love! And it hurts really bad!

Anonymous said...

You should have had them call me--I'd vouch for how nice you are! It sucks when other people get a mis-impression of you, but I'm glad it all worked out.