Monday, December 29, 2008

The Switch

So lately I have been talking to Mr. S (that's right, code names, explanation in progress) more and more about my little blog community. Mr. S is very concerned. Here is what he is worried about:

#1- Our names are out there for the whole world.
So he has a point. Point taken. Hince code names. Except I am not too creative, so this is all I got-- Mr & Mrs S.

#2- He doesn't want me talking to any guys. In blog land or real life. That includes business lucheons (did I mention I work in construction?)
Please excuse the Latino macho jealousy imminating out of my husband. Usually it's not bad.

#3- Our pictures are up. He is VERY concerned that my face will be taken, put onto a naked body, and be out there for all the sickos.
Not to say this wouldn't happen, but I laugh every time he says it. I can't help it. I don't even know why, it's just funny.

So after having discussed this at length, I wanted you all to know that the URL will be changed on this blog. So if you are subscribed in the reader, please I beg of you, don't leave me! I love you all and want you to stay!

Pick me up and take me home! I promise I'll be good!

I will be switching over our code names and all that jazz over the next week or so. I am going to do the switch tonight at midnight. I have set up a blank blog for now so that you are able to subscribe to me--though I'm not sure how it works exactly. If you follow me, you will be fine, it will update itself, I believe. Well let's try it out anyway and see if it works! Just keep me in mind okay??

So to recap: If you need to steal my identity, you don't have much time. If you need me for your naked pictures, I'll still be around--Mr. S compromised with me on that one... And if you are male, well, that one is still up for debate, but I am hoping my husband won't be so sexist when he comes home!

Much Love.

PS Ignore my last post. *SIGH* It's just one of those days.

**edited to add** I realize this is the wrong week to do this kinda thing. Therefore I will be switching next week! Stay tuned!

14 comments:

Young Momma said...

I totally understand his worries about the names. If you've read any of my blog, you know that I keep everything secret. Then again I'm one of the most paranoid ppls out there! lol Anyway, I think I'd have to giggle too if my hubs talked about my head being put on a nudie chica. At least she'd probably look better naked than I do! lol I'll follow the other url now. :)

onlymehere said...

My daughter has been the victim of identity theft and due to weird things going on with her blog we both went private. You can never be too careful. For all you know someone (not me I promise) could be a predator, sexual or otherwise. I have a niece who lists her home town, their full names, her kids school, etc. and she thinks I'm an alarmist for telling her not to do that, especially where she's not private. All you have to do is google a phone number and it gives someone a map to your house for Pete's sake. I've blocked mine on google and if you haven't please do! If you wish to still include me my blogger email is onlymehere.smith@gmail.com if you're going private. As for subscribing, I don't know what that means. Good luck to you in whatever you choose and however you choose to do it. Isn't it sad that we have to be so careful, but we do for our safety and the safety of those we love. Cindy

Eve said...

Yes - I worry a little about identity theft and such as well and completely unbderstand why Mr. S is concerned.
Obviously some info should be kept as private as possible, but at the same time, most of our personal info is out there to be grabbed if someone knows where to look for it - so I dunno.
I'm following, so hopefully it all transfers smoothly to the new blog address ;)
Good Luck!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope the transfer goes smoothly...you know I'll follow.

Unknown said...

Bless his cute little heart.

I'll follow whereever you go!!!

Fabiola said...

I understand him, but I have to say HE IS SO BRAZILIAN. I am allowed to say that, since I am one of them and he thinks a lot alike my Husband.

Love,

Fabiola

PS: Of course, I will follow you.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Hey there - I just got your email and sent a reply. Hope it helps!

angi_b72 said...

I am still gonna follow you...you can't get rid of me that easy!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Well... some people worry about being too exposed in the blog. I really don't care. I don't think my blog is that interesting to get someone's attention, unless they have something in common with me! :)

Sorry, I haven't been here lately! I'm just so obessed with Twilight! Already watched the movie a thousand times since my brother downloaded from the internet! :)

hugs!

Shannon said...

I understand... I don't mind having my name out there. And hubby's, too. But he felt weird about having the girls' so I used nicknames at first. Now I just refer to them using their first initial.

I set up a private blog for our families... mostly its just pics from holidays and birthdays and such. But its a way for our families to stay up-to-date on what we're doing.

S Club Mama said...

Of course I will subscribe to you...you have the sweetest name...Mrs. S! From one to the other, happy New Year!

AndreaLeigh said...

i get what you are saying. i've been thinking about switching over my blog name myself.

Kelsey said...

I used to be really paranoid and then I sort of loosened up a bit. If someone really wants to put my face on a naked body, go for it. I know whats mine and whats not, thank you very much. Plus that sort of makes me laugh because really, what kind of free time do you have to go to all that work of finding my picture?!

Can't wait to read more of yours!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I couldn't get the link to work :(