Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Little Help, If you'd Be So Inclined...

This morning at 5 AM, I got a phone call from Mr. S! He is on his way to St. Thomas. We are not sure why exactly. He has court scheduled for January 7th, and usually they would transfer him the Tuesday before...so he's been transferred a week early.

My thoughts are (though I have not yet heard from the attorney) that maybe they bumped his court date up to tomorrow. My high hopes are that they have decided to dismiss Mr. S's case and they brought him to St. Thomas to tell him.

Would you mind saying a little prayer? I am focusing mine on softening the judge's heart to our plight, asking for help for our attorney (He knows that the lawyer needs it), to protect and comfort Mr. S, and if it be His will, that this case would be dismissed and we can move on to the next step. St. Thomas is a lot rougher than Puerto Rico because there is a lot more corruption. I worry continually while he is there....and he can not call me as often either, if at all. Boo.

So, if you wouldn't mind sending one up for us...We would really appreciate it! I will let you know what I find out! I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...


**Edited to Add**
So I have not heard anything yet. I have not been able to talk to the lawyer just yet. I did call and talk to the secretary, and she said they may have just brought him over early with others because of the holidays. So I think we may just be waiting until January 7th as originally planned. *sigh* But I am just really grateful for a court date at all. Thanks so much for everyone's comments and prayers!!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I was all like "who's Mrs. S??" on the last comment you left at my place!

Thanks for the kind words girl. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Amanda X said...

Oh Steph!!! I'm so excited! I will keep you both in my prayers; and cross my fingers! Let me know whats going on the moment that you find out!

So..to answer a couple of questions from your latest comments...

-Yes you should go to Five Guys. It's delicious. But sadly no they do not have shakes :(

- You are crazy if you think you miss the snow!!! I'm so sick of it!

-The cupcake stand is from Bed Bath and Beyond. Itn't it the cutest thing!?!?!

Love you!

onlymehere said...

Prayers are on their way. Let's hope this is good news. Cindy.

angi_b72 said...

OMG...I would be beside myself!! I am praying for you and Mr S everyday!!! Can't wait to hear what thsi sia ll about!! So, if they bump it up, if it gets dismissed...can he come home then? Or is there more to go thru?

2 Green Eyed Girls said...

You and Mr. S are at the top of my list this morning - here's to hoping for good news! Stay strong.

Kerri said...

I can't believe they would just take him somewhere and not tell him why. That should be his right! I will definitely pray for him and hope that he gets to come home to you very soon! I can't wait for the day that you get to post about him arriving safely to you! Good luck!

Kori said...

Praying... as always.

Megan said...

Prayers headed his way!!

KLC said...

i'm praying for you!!!!

Unknown said...

I am praying and crossing my fingers that court will go well.

Loves!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You've got 'em!

Michele said...

Hi Steph ~ I will be saying so many prayers, God will be like...oh come on...another one!!!

Let us know as soon as you find out anything new.

Hugz,
Michele

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Hang in there and let us know as soon as you hear something!

Shannon said...

Oh, I hope you get an answer soon!

Saying a little prayer...

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

This must be agonizing for you, but hopefully the court date will stick. I finally got all caught up on the whole story...a little behind the times, I know. I'm sorry. I just can't even imagine. You are one tough chick, I have to say, and your hubby must be a rock. Really....I'll keep you guys (& the judge) in my prayers too.

Beth said...

Oh honey! You KNOW I'll be praying!!
xoxo

Tabitha Blue said...

Definitely saying a prayer!!! ... that whenever this court date is, it will go well!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Kensi said...

We're praying hard for you guys! Please keep us updated on any news you get!

AndreaLeigh said...

many many prayers! i am thinking of you. keep us posted.

Vanessa Rogers said...

OH I hope that it all goes well. I will be saying a little prayer for you two! I am always wishing for a miracle will happen and someone will just solve all of our issues for us. I DO hope that happens for you as well! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Please be careful with those lawyers . American who wants to get her husband to safety , these lawyers will try to get as much money as the can squeeze out of you.

I am praying for you more than i ever prayed for anyone.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hang in there hun!!! It must be so hard to keep being patient at this point! LOADS of prayers for you guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you too! :) Hugs!

Femin Susan said...

Hi………
Absolutely fantastic post! Good job!
Great! Keep posting
Good week………
" A Happy New Year''

JSue said...

I was just giving my Hubs an update on your situation only to find out that he's been reading a little of your blog whenever he sees your comments come across our e-mail.

So, not only am I still praying...he's praying now, too!

Remember, God is good to those who are faithful (like you!!)

kim said...

I will definitely keep the positive vibes going on my end for you and your husband..I had no clue this could even happen..I'm going to read into your story a little deeper and we'll all pray for a good outcome that puts him back in your arms where he should be :)

SabrinaT said...

I just found your blog, and will add a little extra prayer for you both!!