Friday, December 12, 2008

Excitement! And a whole lotta nothing...

For all those who have asked, I definitely can NOT sleep!! I have been so active tonight! I have done everything but wrap christmas presents! I even re-arranged my entire bedroom!! Which I am glad! I need to take a picture of my new duvet I got on sale from Target!! It is beautiful. And white. Which was kinda dumb...but I loved it. I'm sure Gracie will too. Ugh. I'm trying to train her to stay OFF the bed now, but we'll see!!

I am so excited! My sister got down here tonight, I got everything all packed! I checked the weather, it's supposed to be in the upper 80's! And I am SO glad because of course here it is going to only make it to 50 tomorrow!

I can not believe I am FINALLY going to go see Mr S. I know I say it continually...but we NEVER in a million years would have guessed it would have gone on so long, which is why we have waited to see each other until now. I am so, so grateful that we have a court date in January. I hope that everything comes out like we are hoping and that all this time away from one another finds its purpose in a good outcome!

Let me ask you all a question: I have really been having a hard time feeling the christmas spirit. I dont know if it is because I am stressed out at work...or because I have been so busy with work and with personal that I just haven't taken the time to try and feel christmas-y. Maybe once i start to wrap presents I will feel that way. I don't know. I have sung my Christmas Carols. I bought the new Faith Hill on itunes and Josh Groban. But I'm just not there yet. Does it just come with being older? Is it just because i am away from Mr S? Who knows? But I do think that once we are back together, next Christmas I will be excited to have our own little house and decorate and all that jazz!

So what do you to do get yourself in the Mood?


The Christmas Mood that is.

1 More Day!!!!

There is no feeling more comforting and consolingthan knowing you are right next to the one you love.

And I will be carrying my laptop to Puerto Rico, so I can give you all the scoop!!

14 comments:

onlymehere said...

I too have struggled this year. I'm finally finding it by losing myself in service to others but it has been very difficult in coming. I really believe once you see Sidnei (excuse the spelling I always forget how to spell his name) that you'll wrap your arms around him and the spirit of thankfulness and the holidays will definitely be there in your heart! Have a fantastic trip and I'll keep praying that this all turns out how you want. Safe journey!! Cindy

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hopefully once you see your man, things will change.

I think we get so easily caught up in all the stuff we have to do that we tend to forget the real reason for the season.

What helped me was taking Izzy to see some Christmas lights. Kids really help capture the spirit.

Maybe you could hang out with those nieces and nephews (I think you've got some of those, right)?

Unknown said...

Yay Steph!!!! I am so so excited for you, I think, no I know that this visit will warrant a phone call! You must call me after you get back and have a free second :) HOORAY!!!

I think seeing Sidnei may make you more in the mood to feel Christmasy. I am the same way. I think as we get older it is harder to feel the spirit of the holiday because we are so busy with "grown up" stuff and there are more things to be stressed about. I want to feel more festive as well!

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you. I'm sure the lack of Christmas spirit this year is purely because you can't share it with Sidnei... and that is totally understandable. Just do your best and know that next year will be the most unbelievable Christmas ever because you'll be with your husband, in your house, together!!

Please have safe travels, take your passport and all necessary documentation ;), and let us know all about it!

Laural Out Loud said...

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

As for Christmas, listening to Harry Conick Jr's holiday CD always puts me in the mood, lol. Kind of lame, but it works.

Betty said...

I will be waiting to read the updates you post. Can´t wait!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
And I think the Christmas spirit comes with your loved one. My kids will not be home for the first time this year and I´m not into "the spirit" either.
Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

It's really easy to get bogged down around the holidays. Every year I say I won't let it happen and it always does. I was thinking recently about how the time between Christmas and Thanksgiving seemed so much longer when I was a kid. Things just fell into place and were fun and exciting. Then I realized that it probably is still that way...for my kids. But now I'm the mom making it all happen. Which is more work. Makes me appreciate my mom even more. So I remember that I do it for the kids and not to let the stressed out times get to me so much that it effects them in a negative way.

Sometimes I'll just stop everything I'm doing. Make some hot chocolate with the kids and sit down to snuggle and watch a xmas movie. They get so excited and happy over just that. So I do too.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Enjoy every minute...can't wait to hear about all the fun you're going to have.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear (read!) all about it, Stephanie! I can tell how you are feeling right now and I'm happy for you!

Hugs!

Kori said...

Oh I can't wait to hear all about it. Miss you. Hope everything is going like you hoped it would. Love ya darlin.

marina said...

I feel the same way you do for me it started around thanks giving I got really stress out with the meal and all and then it was christmas so here goes the stress again putting up tree's and buy the presents I feels stess out...

these morining I am tring to relax and just let go ( but I think when you are having people over one tends to get a little stress out) enough about me I am so happy for you I think once you see your hubby things well feel better ") you have been through a lot but look how far you have come now ") can't wait to hear all about it, marina

Ronnica said...

Yay! I hope you enjoy your time with him!

Amanda X said...

I am so so so so so excited for you! And I want to hear ALL about it!

I agree about Christmas. It's harder as we get older. This is my first Christmas away from my family and it's already hard. So I can't imagine how it is for you without Sidnei. But hopefully you'll be in hinger spirits after you see him.

Love you and call me ASAP with details!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

The Christmas spirit hasn't really hit me yet either, so let me know if you find it and what to do about it.

It's now Monday and no update. I'm so excited to hear about your trip...you need to post soon! :)