Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MEMEMEME...how unusual...

Paula gave me this award!! How sweet is she???



Thanks Paula! I am sorry it has taken me so long to get this up, but I really appreciate it! You are too kind!!

Bia from The pages of my life... tagged me for this meme!

The rules are: I have to list 10 honest things about myself, and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers.

So, here it is!

1. I am scared to DEATH of spiders and snakes. When a spider is in the vicenity I literally start to shake...and scream. Usually at the same time. Just ask my friend Meagan (who needs a blog) or Amanda who lived with me in Utah during the attack of the HUGE spiders. *shudder*

2. I want a different job. This is my BIGGEST secret. I work for my Dad. I'm not ready to tell him yet, as he may want to end my life. We own two flooring companies, one that I run. I do not like being the boss (my little sisters may be SHOCKED by this), I do not like stressing out, and it's just not enjoyable. I want to be able to do something creative. I don't know what yet. But I am looking. Particularly in the Richmond, VA area. If you know of anything ANYWHERE, I'm open. Seriously.

3. Another BIG secret. I want to live closer to my mom and granmda. Again, I don't want my Dad to know. It will hurt his feelings. As of now, I am living with him. And while I am grateful for the support and everything that he had done, I need to move out. For me AND for him.

4. I am not good at saving money. I need help. Calling Mrs. Newlywed! That's right. I read your post on budgeting, different savings accounts, etc...but do I know how to implement those things? No. Can I save more money and shop smarter? I sure hope so. It's going to be one of my 2009 goals.

5. I have become ADDICTED to LOST. And Real Housewives of OC or Atlanta.

6. I buy DVD's...a lot of DVD's. A lot of time they stay upopened for a LONG time.

7. I am a planner. I want to plan. I can not. My future is uncertain and it drives me crazy.

8. I really want/need to learn Portuguese.

9. Despite this list and the way it sounds, I am a relatively happy person. Life is not perfect, and it never will be. I have tried my best to grow and learn to be happy wherever I am in life, to always give people the benefit of the doubt, and forgive, forgive, forgive.

10. I love my dog Gracie. But she drives. me. crazy. I cant seem to housetrain her and I know it is because I am not with her enough. It was a lot easier when it was two of us. I dont know what to do. She has ruined the carpet. I feel guilty. I am a bad dog mom. But there are some days when I want to beat her (dont go all PETA on me, I don't, I just want)...For example:

a. She loves Hershey Kisses. I tend to make them for favors, for like the birthday shower. I had leftovers. She climbed onto the dresser, where i put them so she couldn't get to them. Ate them. Sick. For days. Ugh.
b. Loves to get into purses. She has figured out that purses hold a few key items: phones..which are yummy to chew. Gum...she can eat an entire pack...or 3. Pens...white fur around mouth turns black/blue depending on which pen she busts open. Pepper Spray..thats right, pepper spray. And it went off in her mouth, but do you think that stopped her?? NO. But she licked her chops all night and it was soooo funny. Lesson learned? Nada.
c. She loves to lick...EVERYTHING. It drives me crazy. Me, the floor--tile, carpet, whatever it doesnt matter, the fridge, the dishwasher, her cage, the list goes on forever.

Like I said. I love her. But she drives me bananas.



I love you all. I don't have the energy to pass it on. I still have to go Christmas Shopping, go to church to put in some information in the system, wrap presents when I get home, and a million other things like clean, etc. And it's quittin' time, which includes an hours drive home. I'm a lucky girl (and I mean that sarcastically and literally..I am... despite the whining)

So take the award, but if you do, you have to take the meme! So ha!

9 comments:

Laural Out Loud said...

Sounds like you know your at a crossroads! I'm a planner, too, and it almost physically hurts to not be able to plan due to uncertainty. It'll all work out, though. Are you just holding onto your job for the time being in case you move to Brasil?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on the award. You've got a lot going on right now, so I can only imagine that is helping you think you need other new stuff in your life.

In other news, I just killed a spider about 15 minutes ago. He was about the size of the quarter!

AndreaLeigh said...

Congrats on the award! Have you tried crate training? It really helps with potty training b/c they won't go where they sleep, i.e. in their crate. Although she may not adapt well since she's older. Can you take her to work for a week or two? That is really all it would take to train her to at least use puppy pads.

And I hear you on saving money... me too sister!

Tara Bennett said...

Congrats on the award and I love the list! I want to learn another language too! But for very different reasons than you.

Mrs. Realife said...

Just reading your header caused chills to go through my entire body... I couldn't imagine facing that, but I believe fully that things will work out --

Congrats on your award ;0)

Betty said...

I think you deserve the award. Congrats!
I´ve been super busy also the last couple of days but I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your list.

Ashley said...

You have a lot of changes coming up. You can do it. You know - I don't know what I was thinking but in my card to Sidnei I wrote 'Merry Christmas' and 'Feliz Navidad' and then proceeded to tell him about how I was trying to learn Spanish. OMG - he's gonna think I'm a wacko. Oh, well! My mistake - I thought he was a Spanish speaker, not Portuguese!

Michele said...

Hi Stephanie ~ I found your blog from Kori and I just got done reading everything that has happened to you and your hubby. OMG, you are such a strong woman. I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this pain.

I added you to my favorites so I'll be able to visit often. Stop by when you have time!

Hugz,
Michele

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Congrats on the award!!!

Both my girls speak a foreign language. Meg speaks Spanish and Tori French.