Saturday, December 20, 2008

Coming OUT

I have been outed. I don't know what I was thinking. One minute I was reading some of my favorite blogs on my reader and giggling, the next minute my little sister was on the bed wanting to know what all the fuss was about.
Background Info:
My only "biological" sibling. All the others were gifted to me. She is my best friend and she always makes me laugh. Or makes me want to beat her. It's usually one or the other. And she now reads my blog. Now here is her "cute" picture, because the others I have used of her previously are "horrible" and how I could choose those pictures??



OOPS!

Wait for it...




That's better! Oh No??
Alright, alright already!!



This is my sister and her boy toy, Craig!



So I read her something I was reading (I can't remember what now) Lil Sis proceeds to tell me to read her the blog about(because she knows that I do use a reader, just not about my blog) crotch grabbing and I could NOT figure out what she was talking about. And then I remembered...while I was in Puerto Rico, I had read Lil Sis, Laural's post from that weekend. It was really funny. So she wanted to her more of Laural's blog, which is great, because she is one of my favorites and I laugh every time. So we are reading along until we come to this. My name is on it. I didn't even realize. I was trying to show her the video complaining that she NEVER checks her email since I had sent it to her, when all of a sudden, practically yelling mind you, she says "MRS S?? IS THAT YOU??" I, uhhh, well, ummm, no. I can't believe you have a blog and didn't tell me! I want to see it RIGHT now. So of course, I showed her the video hoping in four minutes she would forget all about my blog. No such luck.

We proceeded to read my blog. A LOT of my blog. You should have heard her voice. She said, "you have a whole different life. You are leading two different lives. I can't believe you! I can not believe this. You have a whole network of people. You do GIVEAWAYS? And you didn't tell me? You swap with strangers?? I don't even KNOW you." I laughed. Told her she needed to start a blog. She said she's not interesting enough. I told her none of us were really that interesting, we just posted about life, the highs the lows, the funny, the sad, and we shared. She just looked at me.

Seriously though, my sister is one of the funniest people I know. I think you would enjoy her commentary. SO, in your comments, make sure you tell Lil Sis--who will be an avid follower from here on out I'm sure--to start her own blog! I promise you'd love her!!

So that my dear friends, is my official "coming out" Well I guess I'm only part of the way out as I have pinky sworn her to secrecy or face an untimely death.



sorry dont know how that sneaked in there!! sneaky, sneaky blog...







18 comments:

Beth said...

Omigosh, you guys are so cute!
I've always wished I had a sister. I mean, technically, I have one. She's a half, 14 years older than me and seemingly on another continent (Northern California). I love her all the same though. :)

Rachael. You need to start a blog. I don't think my blogroll is long enough yet. :D

angi_b72 said...

You two are hilarious!! You need to start your own blog for sure!! What a hoot!!

Betty said...

LOL! I love it. Yes Rachael, make your own blog, we would love to read it! If you are anything like your sister it will be great.
Sometimes I wish my blog was anonymous.... I bet you can write much more freely!

Kelsey said...

You guys are so cute!

Your sister is right Rachel, none of us are REALLY that interesting, we just put whatever is going on in our lives out there for others to read and THEY think that it's interesting! Plus you meet a lot of great people so start one!

Shannon said...

Great pics! My sister is a little over 2 years younger than me... and she is my BFF.

I totally don't think I am interesting enough to have a blog... but for some reason, people read it. And I love them for it! I've "met" so many wonderful, cool, funny bloggers even if we just "know" each other from inside our computers! So I say your sis should go for it!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Y'all are too cute! And, she is totally going to pay you back for those pictures...I just know it!

nikkicrumpet said...

You are the cutest pair of sisters!! And Rachael...start a blog!

onlymehere said...

Okay Rachael it's time to start that blog!! I always wanted to be close to a sister, ANY SISTER, but it didn't happen (I have six of them) so I chose to make a wonderful relationship with my daughters. Lucky for me my future daughter-in-law is like my girls and we get along wonderfully! Lucky you to have a darling sister who you love so much!

Unknown said...

Don't you just love sisters? I love mine too!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your sister sounds as lovely as YOU are!!!

Big bloggy hugs!!

Rebecca said...

I told my sisters that I had a blog and they were not interested at all. Your sister had a completely different reaction than mine.

Rachael, please start a blog!

Michele said...

You guys are soooo cute! When my sister was alive, we were so close...but not when we were kids!!! It's so funny that sisters usually fight growing up, but then end up closer after getting married or having kids. I think that's what brought us closer, was when I had Cassie. She absolutely spoiled her!

Take care and hugz,
Michele

Tara Bennett said...

Too cute! I've always been jealous of sisters. It's a bond you can never create elsewhere. Trust me, I've tried. =)

Kerri said...

Just don't let her tell your Dad, then he'll find out how you don't want to work for him anymore!

Unknown said...

I love you and Rachael! I miss her too, she is a sweetie! I can't believe she didn't know about your blog. At first I wanted soo many people to read my blog but then the readership got too broad among people I know and I had to start censoring myself, hence my new private blog. But I feel like I want more people to read it now, like the SISTta's but they can't since its private. I am in quite the predicament(sp)...

AndreaLeigh said...

You girls are gorgeous@ Go for it, sister!

JSue said...

THAT had me ROFLMBO. My whole family knows about mine...so if I ever wanted to complain about any of them, or look for sympathy for something they did to me (surely NOT on purpose), I'd have to start a new blog and hide it.

It makes my MIL happy to read it and she's a really great lady so I can't really complain.

I'm ALL about the comments. I guess I'm gonna have to start begging for them...

BTW - sisters rock, I have 3 of them (same parents)- You've heard the saying right? "I'm smiling because you are my sister, I'm laughing because there is nothing you can do about it." That about sums it up.

Eve said...

Aren't sisters the bestest thing ever?!

Love the photos!